Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some Arnold Bench Results!

jay were you there?
I wish I would have known, I just got home from it and would have liked to meet you.
well maybe next time.
Lifts were awesome, I watched the bench, really shitty that Halbert injured himself, well all the guys who got injured.
I took some pics, I'll post them when I can.

What did you think about the "manboy" 516 I believe is what he ended with, impressive for 15 years old, but not as impressive since he weighs 310!

What did you think about the "manboy" 516 I believe is what he ended with, impressive for 15 years old, but not as impressive since he weighs 310!

HUH? 516lbs for a 15 year old, no matter what his body weight is, is impressive!!

Nope never bombed yet. But honestly I am scared shitless that I will at this meet because I have built it up in my mind so much, and it is in my home town and there are going to be a ton of people there to watch. Missing that 480 today did not help my confidence a hell of a lot. But I am hoping to reverse psychology myself into nutting up and just smoking 500 at the meet.

I am hoping that the pressure of a lot of people expecting a certain thing out of me, and me expecting a lot out of myself will force my psyche to supply an ample amount of adrenalin on meet day.

Now that I think about the 480 miss, I am worried a little less, because I never get real excited in the gym, and never use smelling salts or drinking any ephedra or anything in the gym. Maybe I need one of those daily affirmations like Stuart Smalley used to do on Saturday Night Live.

B

NO i wish i was at the arnold. I just got news through online. It was a blast wasnt it? Did you wacth the WPO finals? If so what happened?

I am kinda imprewssed with the manboy. He is 15yrs old. My little brother is 16yrs old , actually 17 in Jan and he is 6'5 285lbs, and he aint close to 500lbs. Of course i doesnt really train hard. But i would be proud of him if he could lift like that.

Brian , Is your shirt open back? Or is closed neck? if open back pull the shirt down. If its closed neck when you get to your heavy set put your arms against the wall and do a little push up, while down at the bottom with arms bent in the pushup positin hav eyour partner pull the velcro as tight as it will go. YOu will be surprised how much tighter it will be.

Jay,

My usual, and preferred shirts are open back. But at this meet your shirt has to have the velcro attached and the neck cannot be cut. I had just about gotten the knack of how much to pull the shirt down each attempt with the open back, but unfortunately, that is not a possibility with the neck intact.

I will try the pushup suggestion, I have not tried that out yet. I would have liked to have put in a few more sessions with the shirt before the meet, but it looks like it will be this coming Wednesday, and maybe one more Sunday for one or two attempts before the meet. I only have three more speed workouts and two more max workouts before the week of the meet when I will be doing my best to rest up and become aggressive. So I figure, do shirt work this week on M.E. day, do 3 board band and chain presses next M.E. day, then rest the week of the meet and hope for the best.

Wish I could be at the St. Pete meet with you guys, but Me and BigOkie, and Screwball will be in McAlester thinking about you guys. Hopefully with trophy in hand.

B

Pete I wasn't dissing the "manboy" at all, shit he was impressive

what I meant was 516@ 310 doesn't seem as impressive, hell I can't do it, but there are plenty of other guys here who can

the 15 yearold part is extremely impressive, I'd like to see what he can pull or squat, his legs very unbelievable (BIG)!

I'd like to see a pic of the 15 yr. old. Maybe PLUSA will have some decent photo's. If he doesn't get injured, imagine what he will move as his body matures. We will probably never know since there's not much money in powerlifting. If he's smart, he'll play football, at least through college to get a free degree.

Top Bottom