Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some advice on breaking training barriers?

Morngrim

I posted this on the training board, no love over there, funny how some worthless posts like "how can I get big" with one sentence, no thought questions can get an answer, but I cant. Please give me some advice..... I'm really frustrated right now...

My routine is stale, and my split sucks. I got great results for a time, but not even switching up the rep scheme helps anymore. so, I'm looking for a new split and rep scheme to help me get to the next level here. I am currently 5'8 at 185 lbs at about 11% bf, 19 years old, and have been training for roughly 2.5 years. I currently bench 315. I am looking to get where I am repping that weight four to five times by the end of the summer.

I now am using a split of...
monday-chest/biceps
wed-legs/shoulders
fri-back/triceps

I utilize compound movements such as barbell bench for chest, straight bar curl for bis, squats freebar for legs, db shoulder press, chins and close grip bench/dips for tris. I supplement these with other dumbbell or barbell lifts, focusing on compound movements. My rep range generally goes from 8 to 4 on my first lifts, then ranges from 8-6 on the supplementary exercises. I find that isolation mostly makes me lose strength and size if anything, so I rarely touch a machine or a cable exercise.

I was considering a split of...
monday-chest/tris
wed-legs
fri-back/shoulders/biceps

This is the question... since I have more or less tired my body of compound movements, and the strength/size rep scheme, how can I possibly shock my body into a period of new growth without backtracking into cable/machine isolation exercises.... is there any hope, should I focus on intaking more protein, or are there better three day splits than the ones I have outlined here?

Aesthetics are still important to me, otherwise I would just buy louie simmons' westside method videos and train that way exclusively. Life just isn't that fair.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism, and if you're going to flame me, go right ahead, but dont beat the dead cable/machine horse, because I've been down that road and it does jack shit for me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ryan

If your diet is on, you should be growing. Your routine looks okay. The only thing I'd suggest is something like this:

Tues - legs/shoulders
Thurs - biceps/triceps
Sat - chest
Sun - back

Of course, there's always anadrol :)

Top Bottom