Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So Memorial Day is About 12 Weeks Away ...

musclemom

I Told You So ...
EF VIP
And you're nowhere NEAR swimsuit shape, right? In fact, you're closer to about 50 pounds overweight, right? And you want that Swimsuit Model Body RIGHT NOW!

Well, you're screwed, sorry :whatever:

Seriously, let's be honest here. What have you done in the past six months? Have you been diligent with your diet, exercising regularly, maybe indulging in the occasional treat but overall maintaining your weight? Maybe you picked up a couple or five pounds, but that's it? In that case you're fine. Cut out the daily muffin or pastry, the occasional late night snack, substitute salad for pizza, start taking the stairs, park further from the front door, get back to actually using that gym membership you're paying for and you'll lose those five pounds before you put away your winter clothes.

But dear lady, if you have more than 30 pounds to lose, then you need to do more than make a few dietary adjustments. And if you have more than 50 to lose you are not going to look like this by Memorial Day:

10241522-attachment.jpg

I'm not actually trying to disappoint anyone, but after a lot of years on this board I see the same thing, time and again. Women join the board right about now, coming to this forum, asking the same questions, all after realizing that the clock is running and they only have 12 weeks until Memorial Day and by golly, THIS will be the year they have that swimsuit ready body ... despite the fact they would have to essentially lose a pound every other day between now and the start of summer to be their "perfect weight".

I'm telling you, it's not going to happen. So I beg you, ladies, from the depths of my soul, stop disappointing yourselves, stop wasting our time, stop asking for a miracle. There is no magic pill/food/diet/drink/steroid that will defy the laws of physics and nature. Nobody can exercise enough to burn THAT many calories, not and maintain a normal life that includes interpersonal relationships and a job at least. Sure, maybe they do it on the Biggest Loser, but those people have nothing to do BUT exercise and eat planned and prepared meals with the near constant supervision of trainers. And most of them need to lose over 100 pounds, anyway. There's a big difference between losing 100 pounds and losing 40.

That's not to say you CAN'T start, right now, to improve your health and fitness. I'm just saying, be realistic. Can you lose 50 pounds by Memorial Day, almost definitely no. Can you lose 50 pounds, period? Barring medical issues that prevent weight loss (they exist) almost definitely YES. In fact, if you get very serious about diet and exercise between now and Memorial Day you could very well be more than halfway to that goal and have established eating and exercise patterns that will set you up so that you're ALWAYS in swimsuit ready shape.

Top Bottom