Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

slowing down

spk55

not comparing me , or most here on this board to the bet in the world, but as we age, how much do we slow down?
as an example.. i did 100 pushups non stop when i was in my 20's. now at 54 i can do 80 non stop. i never stopped training, but was wondering is this good, or should i still be able to do 100? how much power do we loose? % wise?
i did 36 dips in my 20's now i do 25. is that cause i'm older or maybe because i train dips 1-2 days a week. way back then i could have been doing dips 3 days a week. i dont remember..anyway, even though we still train, what can be expected as far as loss of rep exercises and strength movements? any way to try and figure this out.
i currently bike race and seem to be the same these past 15 years.
who knows??

I'm a bit older than you. I can't give you a concrete answer for your question, at least from the research I have done (which actually is pretty extensive). There are numbers out there, but they are all over the board. Some fo them are linked to testosterone production levels declining with age. I happen to be on TRT, and still I have noticed some reduction over time.

B-

Top Bottom