Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

slow absorbing protein

LexGS3

What do you guys think is the best tasting/ most effective slow absorbing protein powder? I found some info on that prom3 that has a mix of whey, casein, egg. Is that any good? Im just looking to take something mostly before i goto bed and on off days. Ive tried cottage cheese and its just disgusting. I tried mixing some jello into it, i might have added to much jello and it was still disgusting. I tried it 2 or 3 times and i cant even force myself heh.

Thanks,
John

The only proven slow absorbing protein is undenatured micellar casein (Boirie studies), no other forms of casein have been tested. So if your protein blend doesn't contain micellar casein, then you're most likely not getting slow absorption. In fact, there isn't any studies that show a combination of proteins would slow absorption... so I take it back. Just get micellar casein if you want a slow absorbing protein.

I know muscle milk has micellar casein, but I don't know if it is undenatured. But who cares......that shit be tasting right! go with Muscle milk.

KJ

That pro m3 is expensive too. THe cheapest ive seen so far is 26.00 for 2.2 lbs. You could do the same mix of the cheaper proteins it contains at the protein factory and get 5lb.'s. Whey concentrate, calcium caseinate and egg. Hell, you could substitute micellar casein in the mix at the protein factory and still get a lot more for your money. ISS does have another mix like this called MX pro 40 that contains some micellar casein. I think lean protein by sportpharma looks good as a mix but is also expensive and it also contains fast absorbing proteins. Most of these powders contain whey with the casein. Molecular nutritions new protein is going to be 1/2 micellar and 1/2 cfm whey isolate.

Just curious...

macrophage69alpha said:
calcium casienate is very cheap if you buy it bulk, though kilosports apparently has dropped it. PF still carries..

Why would you want to buy calcium casienate? Especially in bulk?

i bought the nighttime formula at protein factory, vanilla with splenda, it tastes alot like pancake batter. yuck.

HSN Driver, which is primarly micellar casein, along with calcium caseinate, and egg albumen is the only commercial casein product I've seen that isn't half whey. Tastes great(When blended with milk it taste like a milkshake to me) and it even has some fish oil, and 4g of fiber(in the form of FOS) Great product.

Top Bottom