Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Simple sugars (soda) after workout is good?? wtf?

arsoniq26

Ok, this guy I know (whom just got done with an anabolic cycle - dont kno if this affects the question) claims its good to drink a soda before/after working out to help his 'insulin level' and repair muscle fibers.

His exact words are -- "An insulin spike after a workout helps to quickly repair torn muscle fibers." And his after workout routine is to

ANY info please?

Thanx ;) i posted twice casue iwasnt sure if it mattered that he had cycled or not and was hoping to get an answer from the crowd who do not fitness the steroid section. and yes i agree it was a good answer.

So, it does NOT repair torn muscle fibers?

Only protein (well actually amino acids) repair muscle. The insuliin surge and its cortisol-suppressing effects go a long way toward recovery from intense exercise in a variety of ways- mainly rechargin muscle glycogen and "kickstarting" muscle repair.

A repost on a different board is OK in my book so long as the original was any good!

The sugar in the drink helps to rebalance the blood sugar level. The protein is the building blocks for repair, but the mortar is available energy. The liver also benefits from sugars straight after a workout as t can absorb and store it. The soda is not the best though!

I use 75g of suagr coming from a 2 scoup serving of celltech and 40-80g of whey protein.

I agree that a small amount of carbs is good post workout. With a protein shake is best to take some carbs so that the protein is not metabolised as energy (Instead it's used for rebuilding and the carbs are used as energy).

Top Bottom