Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shoulder injury and down time

ozcroboy

injured what i think is a rotator cuff after an incident on the w/e. its been 3 days and its still has very limited movement. i did a similar injury 5 yrs ago and i think i was out of action for 4 weeks from competetive football. question being is how long do u think a injury like this will take to repair b4 lifting weights again?

Shoulder injuries are miserable. It might take another 4 weeks. If it is hurt so bad you can't lift it after 3 days you should see a doctor. When you return to lifting experiment with light weight to find exercises that don't seem to aggravate your shoulder.

For example: Barbell presses kill my shoulder, but dumbbell chest presses do not.

Behind the neck shoulder presses hurt, in front does not.
(Typically anything behind the neck puts more stress on the rotator cuff)

Dips hurt, bench dips do not.

If you have shoulder pain now then it will probably always be an issue. If you keep aggravating it you will end up needing surgery. (Both of my brother in-laws have had surgery)

Good luck in your rehab,

Rebecca D

yer i always modify my shoulder routine to pain minimal excercises. i was thinkin it will b a month b4 i give em any heavy lifting. will get on the therobands to strength the stabilizer muscles in about 2 weeks

Top Bottom