Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I use creatine?

TheBandit

I'm 14, 5'10, 186 pounds, so I think its safe to say that bigger then the average kid my age, and I was thinking about using creatine when I start bulking again in the fall. What do you guys think? Should I wait? And if it is safe, what brand does every1 prefer? Should I do the recommended loading/maintenence phases?

Creatine would be cool as long as you remember to drink at least 1 gallon of water every day. Dont bother doing the loading phase, though...waste of money.

Trying either Creatine HSC by AST or Phosphagen HP by EAS. 10 grams per day split into two doses is great. Go 6 weeks on, 4 weeks off.:fro:

nope, wouldn't do it

I wouldn't, I tried it, made me feel bloated, I cramped up in jiu jitsu, it is just too much hassle and no results. Any gains you get will probably just be bloat, ie fluid retention, not hard earned muscle mass. you need to lift heavy, hard, and you will be amazed how much mass you can put on with no supplements. Don't get too rapped up in split routines at this stage. Either do full body workouts with no more than 20 total sets or break it into 1/2 body on two non consecutive days. You'll grow.

No shit you're bigger than the average 14 yr old...is that 186 lbs mostly muscle? Damn dude, I bet you run over some little guys on the football field (and I hope you're playing if you're that big!).

I think the majority of people have seen positive results from creatine supplementation, but at your age (and size) I don't think you really have much need for it. Maybe wait til you're in HS and the action is getting more competitive, and you've given your body more time to settle down a bit.

Just my 2-cents. :)

Top Bottom