Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Should I train chest twice a week?

Xtreme2001

My chest lacks size compared to every body part. I HATE it so much.. the only time I actually look atmyself and smile is right after i'm dont a chest workout because that's the only time it's pumped up looking big.

I'm currently dieting and on clomid right now, and going to be starting my cycle in march sometime. Would it be beneficial for me to work chest twice a week because of the quick recovery time with using the drugs? If So.. how should one do it?

Should I go heavy on Tues and do a light workout on sat?

Would that help me out any bit?? I lack in the lower region of my chest, so I'm trying to do a little more decline dumbells, as well the size outwards lacks alot to.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Here's what my chest routine looks like now.. I just started a new one.

Decline db- 6-8reps, 4sets
Flat DB- 6-8reps, 4sets
incline Db- 6-8reps, 4sets
flat flies with db- 8-10reps, sets3-4

I try to go hard each time, due to the dieting, I have lack of strength sometimes which hurts me, but should I keep this going until i start the aas. Should I on a later day in the week do a light one?

Thanks.
X

Since your dieting (on caloric deficit) you cant expect too much size even with the drugs. Everyone recovers differently though, so try it, if training 2x a week seems to work better for you than stick with it for a couple weeks until its time to change routines again.

2 times a week....absolutely

chest never gets worked through other exercises....so this muscle especially needs the extra work

gymtime said:
I disagree. One chest routine, done correctly, is all you need.

very much disagree....respectfully:)

the only other way is maybe if you do dips on tricep and bicep day somewhere in the week

I would suggest having at least one bench exercise with a bb, preferably incline. Generally speaking the greater the weight you move the stronger and bigger you will get. It might also be a good idea to do it first in your routine when you have maximum strength. I also highly suggest throwing in dips with you chest routine and make sure to lean forward to ge the greatest emphasis on your chest. It is also another exercise I would do early on in the chest routine for max benefit.

As for working out twice a week I say give it a shot and see if it works for you. You will never know unless you try.

Good Luck

i tried a strength training program a while back which was basically 8 sets of bench monday and friday (it wasn't about failure, but adding a certain percentage to the weight every week, etc), anyway, i did it for 9 weeks, until i was putting up like 200 lbs for reps, and that was when the 2x per week deal got tough...i say go for it, and if you find you are overtraining, then go back to one day a week. i do one day a week now, and might go to two days later, but one day works pretty well for me, so why stop?

Xtreme2001 said:
Now we have a dispute..

I guess I'll have to find out myself :)

You'll find that to be true with 90% of what you do in a gym. There are very few absolutes.

Originally posted by gymtime
I disagree. One chest routine, done correctly, is all you need.

I have to disagree,for years i did only 1 workout for chest per week but started making a lot more gains after going to twice per week.

Top Bottom