Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

SHould I stop lifting so much to lose weight?

KSUPimp23

I am trying to lose alot of weight (fat) right now. Should I stop lifting so much and just concentrate soley on cardio exercises and stuff like that? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

YES=to lose weight

NO=To lose fat and keep muscle

Always keep weight training if you want to keep your muscle/strength.

For the last 5 weeks, I have been working on fat loss so I have added more cardio, along with my weight training. But I have made my weight training sessions shorter, and I do higher reps with lower weight, instead of higher weight with low reps, and it has been working great!:D

The more lean muscle mass you have, the more calories your body burns, at rest, asleep, etc.

Muscle being denser than fat, you can reshape your body and wear a smaller size pair of jeans even if the scale doesn;t more.

Personally, I think light weights, lots of reps is a good way to get tired. I say, lift as heavy as you can, even if you only work each body part once a week.

Then, up your cardio to 60 minutes, at a respectable byt not outlandish rate of speed, and eat clena, and eat enough, with good fats in your diet.

After I switched from lifting with low reps with high weight, to low weight high reps, my arms showed a big improvement in just a week! But in 2 weeks, I am going back to high weight, low reps---then in 6 weeks switch to high reps ect. It keeps your body challenged.

Top Bottom