Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shelly Finkel....an Idiot...

AGENT SHAGWELL

What the hell?

HBO, Showtime mulling Tyson-Lewis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

NEW YORK – A fight between Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis without a title at stake is possible.

Such a fight is being considered by Showtime, contracted with Tyson, and HBO, which has a deal with Lewis.

"Yes, he would consider fighting Lewis without a title at stake," Shelly Finkel, Tyson's adviser, said Wednesday

As for negotiations between the two cable networks, Finkel said, "They have discussed it, but everything depends on June 11.

Neither network would comment.

On June 11 a trial on two separate lawsuits is scheduled to begin before Judge Miriam Sedarbaum in U.S. District Court in Manhattan.

Promoter Don King and WBC and IBF heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman are being sued for tortious interference and breach of contract by Cedrick Kushner, who contends he has a contract with Rahman, who won the titles by knocking out Lewis on April 22 in South Africa.

Rahman signed a contract with King on May 10 because, "he gave me the best deal," the fighter said.

Lewis has sued King, Rahman and the champion's managers for tortious interference. There was a rematch clause in the Lewis-Rahman fight contracts, and Lewis contends he should get an immediate rematch.

Meanwhile, the WBC agreed in a stipulation filed in U.S. District Court on May 10 not to give championship sanction to an immediate Rahman-Lewis rematch. In turn, Tyson dropped a suit against the WBC.

In other litigation, David Tua, the IBF's No. 1 contender filed an application on Monday for an injunction against any defense of the IBF title until his suit against the organization is heard in U.S. District Court at Newark, N.J. Tua wants the IBF to enforce a rule that championship recognition must be withdrawn from any fighter who agrees to a rematch.

"I would like to see Rahman be able to fight Tyson with the winner fighting Lewis," Kushner said Wednesday.

If King gets his way, Rahman could fight Brian Nielsen of Denmark as part of a heavyweight championship doubleheader with John Ruiz's IBF title defense against Evander Holyfield Aug. 5 at Beijing.

Further clouding matters is the fact that the WBC champion is due to make a mandatory defense in November, and as No. 1 challenger, Tyson is in line for that fight.

HBO and Showtime were unable to get together on a Lewis-Tyson fight while Lewis was still champion. Should they get together now, the fight most likely would be a joint pay-per-view venture.

*As much as I'd like to see it ,Tyson should be fighting for a title....I hate Don King...someone shoot him....

I like that definition. There would be alot of money to be made from this fight even if it weren't for a title.

Jimsbbc said:
Don't you know that every boxing fight is rigged? That is my Don King conspiracy theory.
professional sports rigged.....shut your mouth.....

Conspiracy, rigged, I don't care....I wanna see Tyson knock someone's ass out already!!!!!!

Don king is trying to lure mike tyson to fight under his promotion.. Thats why he promised rahman all that money.. If kings boys (rahman & holyfield) have the belts, tyson has to fight kings boys, king gets to promote it, and make a lot of money.. King is a jackass, he's ruining boxing for his own material gains..

Top Bottom