Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

seperating carbs and protein?

supastarr

how do u guys feel about seperating your consumption of protein with carbs. i read that you should wait at least 20 minutes between the two. since alkaline is produced with carb consumption and acid with protein. and the two interfere with each other.

I wouldn't suggest eating carbs alone ever. They should always be combined with protein to keep your blood sugar from spiking so high. Some believe that carbs and fat should also never be consumed together, especially without protein.

i have to load up on carbs in the morning or i feel like shit!

it is true that if u eat both at the same time it does mess with the digestive process and u won't get the complete value out of the protein or carb.

i usually cut carbs out by 5:00pm except after my w.o.

cozmokramer, why exactly would you suggest to cut carbs completely. I understand you support the keto diet but are you going to live that way the rest of your life. Im not flaming you or the diet in any way, im just saying carbs are most defenitely not always bad, do you never have i post workout shake? do you never bulk? again I am not flaming you, its just that you might confuse people by always saying doint eat any carbs.:)

I don't think cutting all carbs is the answer. At some point in time everyone will have to go back to eating carbs. And if the only type of dieting you know is ketogenic style then you're in for one hell of a treat when you get off of it. I think most dieters should learn to eat healthy the traditional way, meaning with carbs. Once good practices are built then they can choose to go extreme, knowing that when the day comes that they go back to normal they will know how to do it.

I know people on the Ketonic diet (CKD) for 10 years now, well, again: to each his own.

I've done it for ...............too long ;) (3 years straight, CKD)
Mr.X :cool:

it is true that if u eat both at the same time it does mess with the digestive process and u won't get the complete value out of the protein or carb.

Ok the body is perfectly well equipped to handle protein and carbs at the same time...in fact it's almost impossible to complete isolate the two. Consider the fact that even fruit has a bit of protein, and even an egg has a bit of carbs...you're going to have a bitch of a time finding foods with 0% protein and 0% carbs

Speaking of the Ketonic diet . How do you guys get your proper amount of dietary fiber? Most most dietary fiber comes from carbs like fruit and vegetables.

Fiber can be ingested in the form of a drink. You can purchase it at a local health food store, I think even some grocers. have Ultimate Orange I think it's called. But, again, I buy this stuff called colon. cleans...you get the idea I hope...It's basically a powder that you mix with water and drink...sort of looks like sand when you open it (tastes like it too), but it does wonders to your bovel movements.

Mr.X :cool:

Top Bottom