Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Seeking opinions and suggestions for diet

kamaboko

Let's assume I workout in the morning and have six meals through the day. I normally have a protein shake after my workout, but how should I put my diet together after that? I read someone comment on another board that it's not only what you eat, but when you eat it. If that's the case, is there a best time to have carbs during the day, fat, and protein?

Thanks....some day I will have this down.

ok, it seems like you are just asking best times to eat certain macronutrients, not what foods to eat to get these so i wont get into that. also it is a great deal of importance that you are eating the target range of calories for what you are trying to do, approx 15 X bw-500 for cutting, 15 X bw for maintenance, and 20 X bw for bulking. now with that, here is some guidelines you should go buy with your diet. i am assuming you are cutting so try to consume all your carbs in your earliest meals so they can be burned off by the end of the day, you do not want to eat carbs before going to bed as you will be inactive and they will be stored as fat. also, always eat complex carbs except postworkout you should have some simple carbs, and also make sure you are eating a meal before you workout. so heres some stuff i got out of what you said that will help with your diet:
1. make sure you eat a meal before you workout in the morning since you have been sleeping for nearly 8 hours and have ate nothing, you have depleted your glycogen stores and you do not wanna go to intense weightlifting on this b/c you will be breaking down muscle for enery. the opposite holds true if you are going to do cardio, do your cardio first since you have no glycogen your body will burn fat for fuel. i would reccomend eating some sort of carbs and a rathey quickly absorbing protein maybe whey in the morning before lifting.
2. after your workout you said your having a shake, make sure you have some simple sugars with this to cause an insulin spike as well as restore glycogen.
3. try to eat another meal approx 1 hour after your postworkout shake made up of whole food, i would go for some protein and carbs again. this should be near the end of the carbs you eat for the day if you are cutting as i already said u want to get thme in early, and buy here you should have had about 130-150 grams carbs if you eat around 30 with your first meal, 75 with your postworkout, and 30 again in this meal.
4. after those meals try to eat meals every 3 hours to make sure you are supplying your body with nutrients to keep it in a anabolic or anti-catabolic state.
5. as for waht nutrients to eat when, try not to eat carbs and fats at the same meals. this is because if you do your body will be working to burn off the carbs so it stores away the fat which is not good.
6. it is good to eat a good form of fat maybe from fish or flax at night with a good slow absorbing protein like casein as your bedtime meal, the fat will hlep slow down the digestion of the protein even more so it lasts you through the night.

***also, this is a great article you should read that will help you a ton, it did me, on understanding when to eat certain foods. go to the search button, and for teh thread title it is called "Maximizing anabolism through protein manipulation..." it is written by HUCKLEBERRY FINNaplex, and was found on the anabolic forum a while back. it is very helpful.

Top Bottom