Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Scandal in Formula 1 (Indianapolis)

perkele

New member
Platinum
Only 6 cars (3 teams) started the race. 16 drove into the pits after warm-up lap. Politics about the tyres (Michelin). 150,000 mad people in the audience. lol
 
Further evidence that many European countries WILL NEVER AGREE on even the simplest matters...DUMP THE EURO and Quick, otherwise, if you hold them you are holding WORTHLESS crap...
 
It's the FIA

Those bastards refused any compromise

It's a pity for the US public who paid to see a "real" race and for formula 1 in general
 
Anthrax said:
It's the FIA

Those bastards refused any compromise

It's a pity for the US public who paid to see a "real" race and for formula 1 in general

FIA and Michelin
 
perkele said:
FIA and Michelin

Michelin sent a set of tyres last night but the FIA refused the teams to use them
 
perkele said:
FIA and Michelin

Its the FIA, Michelin just fucked up by having 130 years to test a tire and didn't make the timeline. The FIA couldn't agree on how a baby is made. 10 people, 10 different languages cultures..fuck that....gimme NASCAR.
 
Anthrax said:
Michelin sent a set of tyres last night but the FIA refused the teams to use them

Because it's against the rules. Nothing wrong with Bridgestone, as you can see.
 
perkele said:
Because it's against the rules. Nothing wrong with Bridgestone, as you can see.

The FIA have already changed the rules so many times in the past in order to favor Ferrari that I don't think fairness is their mere concern
 
And in the end everybody lose in this situation, apart from Ferrari and the 2 others crappy teams
 
I'd rather watch pron than this farce
 
FIA should pay for everyone's accomodations and pay them 3 fold their ticket prices...I see 100s of lawsuits arrising out of this debacle.
 
Anthrax said:
The FIA have already changed the rules so many times in the past in order to favor Ferrari that I don't think fairness is their mere concern

There would not a problem if all teams would use same tires. I kinda wish few Bridgestone tires would blow-up.
 
perkele said:
There would not a problem if all teams would use same tires.
It's been suggested for 2008

perkele said:
I kinda wish few Bridgestone tires would blow-up.
At least we may have some fun

I feel so bad for those people who now leave the circuit
 
Anthrax said:
It's been suggested for 2008

At least we may have some fun

I feel so bad for those people who now leave the circuit

I hope Minardis would finish 1 & 2. lol
 
perkele said:
I hope Minardis would finish 1 & 2. lol
lol

Minardi and Jordan on ther podium!
 
perkele said:
I hope Minardis would finish 1 & 2. lol


You guys are missing the big picture here. These events are heavily insured, there will be no Insurance co in the world that will take on this liability in the future. You may have seen your last F1 race for a long time. Trust me.
 
mightymouse69 said:
You guys are missing the big picture here. These events are heavily insured, there will be no Insurance co in the world that will take on this liability in the future. You may have seen your last F1 race for a long time. Trust me.

highly improbable

But F1 in the US...... maybe
 
mightymouse69 said:
You guys are missing the big picture here. These events are heavily insured, there will be no Insurance co in the world that will take on this liability in the future. You may have seen your last F1 race for a long time. Trust me.

Maybe the last race in USA.
 
Here is the scenerio: FIA will get his ass sued off this week, FIA docks all the non-competing teams all their championship points, fires Michelin...teams refuse to race the next race.

Anyone want to bet?
 
mightymouse69 said:
No sir, last race anywhere...name the company that will insure the next race.

This is REAL big.

If you're wrong I'm sure you're ready to give me all your karma?
 
mightymouse69 said:
Just put up the 5k, as you see you are taking 0 risk, I am that confident. this is BIG, US doesn't deal with this kind of shit nicely.

5K it is. Remember the taxes.

French Grand Prix
7.3.2005
Magny-Cours
 
perkele said:
5K it is. Remember the taxes.

French Grand Prix
7.3.2005
Magny-Cours

Agreed, I totally hope I lose because I am a huge racing fan...I just have a bad feeling about this. Thanks.
 
auto sports minus drifting, drag racing and rally racing are very very boring. no offense, but going around in circles for 12hrs is not my idea of fun.
 
Yarg! said:
auto sports minus drifting, drag racing and rally racing are very very boring. no offense, but going around in circles for 12hrs is not my idea of fun.

actually LeMans today was quite interesting.
 
mightymouse69 said:
Agreed, I totally hope I lose because I am a huge racing fan...I just have a bad feeling about this. Thanks.

"I have a really horrible feeling in my stomach," David Coulthard told
ITV's Louise Goodman.
 
mightymouse69 said:
You guys are missing the big picture here. These events are heavily insured, there will be no Insurance co in the world that will take on this liability in the future. You may have seen your last F1 race for a long time. Trust me.

Won't happen. Don't forget, 75% of the company is still controlled by the three banks. They cannot afford to...nor allow...races to be missed.

Bernie's deals for television rights are pre-paid. Bernie will never refund money so he will force the show to continue.

Also, many tracks pay in advance to hold races...money that goes into Bernie's accounts first...so another issue where Bernie will not refund money.

The tire issue will be solved by Wednesday even if it means a meeting in London immediately.
 
How about all the liability from this race, teams won't get paid and it costs millions to get here and stay and run the team here. Someone will seek remedy, then the shit begins.

gotmilk said:
Won't happen. Don't forget, 75% of the company is still controlled by the three banks. They cannot afford to...nor allow...races to be missed.

Bernie's deals for television rights are pre-paid. Bernie will never refund money so he will force the show to continue.

Also, many tracks pay in advance to hold races...money that goes into Bernie's accounts first...so another issue where Bernie will not refund money.

The tire issue will be solved by Wednesday even if it means a meeting in London immediately.
 
Interesting that the next race is in Michelin's back yard...
 
Mr. dB said:
Interesting that the next race is in Michelin's back yard...

You got it...also, its a French company, who just happens to hate the good ole USA...the plot thickens.

I will never buy another Michelin personally now.
 
mightymouse69 said:
How about all the liability from this race, teams won't get paid and it costs millions to get here and stay and run the team here. Someone will seek remedy, then the shit begins.


Teams aren't paid expenses to begin with. Hence, why ten teams refuse to sign the new accord and why they want a bigger piece of the Bernie pie.

Liability does not change because teams refuse to start. This is factored into their policy per event. Each event has coverage in case an event is cancelled causing a refund to occur. Cancelled....team strike...locust swarming...it;s all the same to Lloyd's of London...

Indianapolis Speedway will demand a refund from Bernie for the $29 Million they posted to host the event.

Bernie will write a check from his $3.7 Billion he has stashed in the Isle of Jersey...
 
mightymouse69 said:
I will never buy another Michelin personally now.

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. I hope this hits Michelin hard.

BTW, I have Bridgestone tires on my car, proud to say. It's red, too.
 
good scenerio but sounds too simple, too many emotions involved, all other teams are already pissed at some of the others for starting when they said they wouldn't. This is a very big mess.

Their expenses are paid from winnings, they won't get any this week. Liability comes from breach of contract which will be triple damages.

gotmilk said:
Teams aren't paid expenses to begin with. Hence, why ten teams refuse to sign the new accord and why they want a bigger piece of the Bernie pie.

Liability does not change because teams refuse to start. This is factored into their policy per event. Each event has coverage in case an event is cancelled causing a refund to occur. Cancelled....team strike...locust swarming...it;s all the same to Lloyd's of London...

Indianapolis Speedway will demand a refund from Bernie for the $29 Million they posted to host the event.

Bernie will write a check from his $3.7 Billion he has stashed in the Isle of Jersey...
 
I'd love to see some of the Michelin teams look to break their tire contracts before the end of the season.
 
Mr. dB said:
Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. I hope this hits Michelin hard.

BTW, I have Bridgestone tires on my car, proud to say. It's red, too.

I got them on mine too. I'd be afraid now to take a corner if I had Michelins.
 
mightymouse69 said:
Their expenses are paid from winnings

Each team invests nearly $250 Million a year. Purses come nowhere near covering their expenses.

A good friend of mine has known Bernie for 30 years. I met him last year when we tried to convince him to go public and cut the banks off. The teams come nowhere close to making their money back..which is why they are trying to start their own circuit.

This event might finally cause the other teams to unite against Bernie, Max Mosley, and Ferrari.
 
Worst grand prix ever
 
gotmilk said:
Each team invests nearly $250 Million a year. Purses come nowhere near covering their expenses.

A good friend of mine has known Bernie for 30 years. I met him last year when we tried to convince him to go public and cut the banks off. The teams come nowhere close to making their money back..which is why they are trying to start their own circuit.

This event might finally cause the other teams to unite against Bernie, Max Mosley, and Ferrari.

i hope BMW, Renault, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota and Honda will go with the GWPC
 
gotmilk said:
This event might finally cause the other teams to unite against Bernie, Max Mosley, and Ferrari.

That would be just perfect with me!

IMS not taking part suggests a lawsuit already being drawn up.
 
Anthrax said:
i hope BMW, Renault, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota and Honda will go with the GWPC
GPWC no longer exists..

they closed it when Ferrari hosed them and signed an exclusive deal with Bernie.

They have a new name now..I forgot what it is
 
gotmilk said:
GPWC no longer exists..

they closed it when Ferrari hosed them and signed an exclusive deal with Bernie.

They have a new name now..I forgot what it is

They're still to start their own championship in 2008 though?
 
Anthrax said:
They're still to start their own championship in 2008 though?
Yes..and they have an investor who offered $1.75 Billion cash to kickstart it...if they agree to go public as a group.
 
gotmilk said:
New name is Grand Prix Racing...

It's time Mosley and Ecclestone are kicked out of F1 management
 
Anthrax said:
They're still to start their own championship in 2008 though?

Two competing series will kill the sport. See IRL vs. CART.
 
Mr. dB said:
Two competing series will kill the sport. See IRL vs. CART.

Only Ferrari support the current serie
Hopefully they'll change their mind
 
Mr. dB said:
Two competing series will kill the sport. See IRL vs. CART.

They won't be competing....cause Bernie cannot find enough talent to fill the void.

Who will replace Mercedes? Yugo?

If 28 teams left the National Hockey League to start a new league.....would the NHL be able to continue?
 
dont forget bridgestone have the benefit of track data from previous races thy cater for here, plus the new track had these diamond cut ridges in it


I hate theidea of one or two people controlling the finances of this event

I also fucking hate the shit te FIA has been pulling....They interefere too much with rules and stuff

With any luck the fallout from this will force heads to roll, and if the teams do all decide to go to their own championship and leave ferrari behind then it will be cool as well....I think there should be a cap on money being spent on cars and I dont think they should be limited to one tyre per race

and there should only be one tyre manufacturer per race, bridgestone always make their tyres less competetive but more reliable
 
Indianapolis (AP)

The bewildered crowd at Indianapolis Motor Speedway was left pointing and gawking as they tried to figure out why the majority of the field was climbing out of their cars.

Fans were booing and some threw water bottles on the track in disgust. After just 10 laps, many spectators began heading for the exit gates. There were reports of thousands of fans showing up at the ticket office demanding refunds, and that police had been called to keep the peace.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway boss Tony George didn't immediately respond to an interview request by The Associated Press.

This event already draws just a fraction of what other races here do. Less than 100,000 come to this race, compared to a crowd in excess of 300,000 for the Indianapolis 500.

Sunday's debacle will do nothing to improve that.

"Quite frankly, the fans got cheated," Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone said.

Scott Brombacher, a fan from California, said he was disgusted as he left the race.

"I love Formula One ... it just aggravates me," Brombacher said. "I spent a lot of money and took a week off from work to come out here. To have all this happen at the last minute is just disgusting."
 
I waited the whole afternoon for the race, then what do I see??? Schumacher coasting along with his croanie behinf and 4 "entourage cars" like 3 laps behind...

I would so pissed had I paid for that, the faces on the other pilots was amazing...
 
Some heads will fall soon.....
 
mightymouse69 said:
Here is the scenerio: FIA will get his ass sued off this week, FIA docks all the non-competing teams all their championship points, fires Michelin...teams refuse to race the next race.

Anyone want to bet?
hmmm
men
 
Anthrax said:
It's the FIA

Those bastards refused any compromise
The minardi team boss said on TV that 9 of the teams (that's everyone except Ferrari) were backing the idea of adding a chicane but that Jordan broke ranks so Minardi felt they had to 'race' to preserve their position against Jordan.
Surely if only Ferrari had lined up to start even the FIA would have had to do something :confused: - I haven't seen anything from Jordan about why they decided to race.
 
I heard that even Ferrari had grudgingly agreed to the chicane in pre-race meetings.

The chicane is a red herring issue though. This was the 6th F1 race on that track, the other five managed without the chicane.
 
The shit throwing begins (as predicted)

When questioned about the future of F1 in America and the future of Michelin in F1, he [Bernie Ecclestone] replied in a somewhat downbeat fashion "Not good, on both counts."
 
perkele said:
0006rz.jpg


First time safety car would have finished on points. lol

Good photo!

I think Raikonnen should go to Minardi next year if he wants to become WC
 
Shit throwing continues:

The following is a statement attributed to Indianapolis Motor Speedway CEO Tony George.

"The Indianapolis Motor Speedway shares in the disappointment with the loyal fans of IMS and Formula One that we did not see the exciting race we all anticipated due to circumstances beyond our control."

"The FIA, Formula One, the constructors and manufacturers that represent the cars on the starting grid made decisions on an individual basis to limit participation in today’s USGP. We suggest the fans who wish to make their feelings known, contact the following."

Michelin
46, rue du Ressort
63100 Clermont-Ferrand
France
www.michelinsport.com

FIA
8 Place de la Concorde
F-75008 Paris
www.fia.com

Formula One Management
6 Princes Gate
Knightsbridge
London SW7 1QJ
United Kingdom

Press Release
IMS
 
R.i.p Usgp
 
mightymouse69 said:
Yeah, they will replace it with some shit runway track like Malaysia...lol

Malaysia = Petronas = big bucks
 
mightymouse69 said:
Malaysia = Petronas = big bucks = Yawn :)

Sad but true

The best circuits have disappeared : Austria A1-Ring, Belgium Spa Francorchamps

instead we have shitty GP in "emerging countries"
 
mightymouse69 said:
Gotta love the long straight though and the banking, the infield is just plain slow.

The infield is boring. And flat. And slow.

I don't like that the track has conflicting characters, requiring a compromised car setup.
 
csilke said:
The minardi team boss said on TV that 9 of the teams (that's everyone except Ferrari) were backing the idea of adding a chicane but that Jordan broke ranks so Minardi felt they had to 'race' to preserve their position against Jordan.
Surely if only Ferrari had lined up to start even the FIA would have had to do something :confused: - I haven't seen anything from Jordan about why they decided to race.

If Michelin had showed up with only rain tires, I suppose they would have insisted on watering down the track...
 
Anthrax said:
Sad but true

The best circuits have disappeared : Austria A1-Ring, Belgium Spa Francorchamps

instead we have shitty GP in "emerging countries"


Have you looked at the 2005 schedule? Unless you know something that I don't, they're still running at Spa on September 11.

What's the weather like in Belgium in September? Spa is always great in the rain.
 
Mr. dB said:
Have you looked at the 2005 schedule? Unless you know something that I don't, they're still running at Spa on September 11.

What's the weather like in Belgium in September? Spa is always great in the rain.

I assume he means the old "real" spa, not this piece of crap they have them on now with all the chicanes. lol.

F-F1 (nice ring to it)...back to ALS and Grand-Am for me.
 
mightymouse69 said:
I assume he means the old "real" spa, not this piece of crap they have them on now with all the chicanes. lol.

Well, since he mentioned the A-1 Ring instead of the Osterreichring, I figgered he probably meant the current course at Spa too...
 
Just so you peeps know, I live about 5 miles away from the Hockenheimring... you can hear the engines from my house on Race days (not only F1, but also DTM, etc).

On thusdays you can go skate there too :-)
 
mightymouse69 said:
I assume he means the old "real" spa, not this piece of crap they have them on now with all the chicanes. lol.

F-F1 (nice ring to it)...back to ALS and Grand-Am for me.

Yes, the old "fast" circuit

Zandvoort in The Netherlands was also a great track
 
Anthrax said:
Sad but true

The best circuits have disappeared : Austria A1-Ring, Belgium Spa Francorchamps

instead we have shitty GP in "emerging countries"

Needs to come back. Eau Rouge is awesome.
 
Thats funny that they posted the address to Bernie's office.

Why don't they post his home address in Chelsea Square too?
 
Top Bottom