Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Saw The Passion of the Christ... (WOW)

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
great movie. yeah, a lot of people complain about it and say it didn't show enough of Christ's humanity. Well the movie chronicles the last 12 hours and not before, so don't expect to see everything. You can't put everything in there. His humanity is evident anyway throughout those last 12 hours.

some say it was graphic. yeah, it was. very. but according to all, what you see in the movie was not as graphic as it was in real life. he was beaten and whipped until he did not even resemble a human being.

the Pope said it best with his review - "it is as it was".

the only thing I wonder about is the Bible said Jesus fell 3 times on his way to the hill. he fell about 5-6 in the movie. maybe the Bible meant hard falls and not stumbles.

great portrayal of satan in there too.

itll be upon kazaa soon. wonder if itll be a screener or a ripped copy?

i think its called the Christ because Christ is like the work King. im not sure, but i heard that somewhere.

Dougly said:
Why is it the Christ and not just 'The Passion of Christ?'

Good question. Christ is a title, not a name. (He's not in the Roman census as the son of "Joseph and Mary Christ", for example.)

It comes from the Greek chrestos, meaning 'anointed.' Jesus Christ is roughly "Joshua, the Chosen One."

(Jesus is a Romanization of the Greek Iesous. The Aramaic "Y'sh'" could have come out as Joshua, Yeshua, Jesse, or even Joseph depending on what the translator had for breakfast.)

Top Bottom