Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Saw my cousin for the first time in a couple eyars last night - dude is still high on coke

Nathan

Two stints in rehab. and the kid shows up talking a mile a minute. He has ADHD in the first place and should be on ritalin so at first it was like...waitaminute. But then by the end of the night it was obvious he was still wired - but more like his usual wired self. Oh well. At least he isn't as bad as he was. He can't do facebook cause "they'll find him". Jesus. GOOD TO SEE YOU. COME AROUND MORE OFTEN.

The worst part is he can be funny and enjoyeable and we had some laughs at dinner when he dropped the facade. The night started with him talking about how he got picked up by Dakine to sponsor his gay-ass extreme sports shit he probably doesn't even really do. But then we got to reminisching about old times and shit and my bro, my mom and I couldn't sotp laughing. There was this one year at Christmas when my little brother ended up mooning my cousins at the dinner table and it turned into this huge fiasco - my aunt freaked out that her kids were exposed to that or something - that lasted two years. She way over-reacted and we were all howling at her - they also conveniently remembered it was me who started the whole thing. Apparently my little brother was the butt of all my jokes that night and I had all my cousins laughing at him. haha.

But man, my cousin is 26 now. I'll admit, there is something comical about a guy high on coke explaining what makes certain rehab clinics his been in work so well. That shit was just depressing.

I know some people struggle with addiction and understand the professionals designate it as a disease...

But still... I guess I just don't understand that.... Have some self control.

I messed with that shit for 4 years, I just flat out quit...

Hard to walk away, stone cold. HARD! I partied in the past when I would go out every weekend. Now it is once and awhile. Some guys I know it is every weekend still.

Re: Saw my cousin for the first time in a couple eyars last night - dude is still hig

I don't really know if he was eating - I sat myself as far away as possible. My poor dad had to deal with him all night.

I just remembered he said something about my mom wearing a nightie out to dinner - it was a summer dress she defended but it did look an awful lot like a nightie. We all started howling because I actually DID think it was a nightie but never questioned it - that's just par for the course for my mom. She's shameless and if she wants to do something, she does it. She'd walk around practically nude in the backyard and as a kid I'd yell, "Mom! The neighbours!" To which she'd reply so everyone could hear, "FUCK THE NEIGHBOURS!"

It's sad but this sort of thing doesn't really phase me anymore. Everyone is on drugs in one way or another, and everyone dies. I feel as though a lot of the emeritus profs around here look so fucking unhappy and bummed out all the time, not to mention most other older people. Man, enjoy yourself. The rest is a distant second. Live fast, die hard. Or something. I don't really believe all this but drug addiction really doesn't bother me so much anymore. It's the way it is for a lot of people I guess. People go in and out of it, change, or not. It is what it is and I like it better when I'm more accepting of things - I find I get along with people better and enjoy myself (and people) more on average.

jh1 said:
I know some people struggle with addiction and understand the professionals designate it as a disease...

But still... I guess I just don't understand that.... Have some self control.

I messed with that shit for 4 years, I just flat out quit...

you quit for a reason, your daughter.. the majority of addicts are going on well over 5-10 years of heavy use, not 'social' use. besides most of them know how to get through the court mandated programs. some really want to change and those are the easiest ones to deal with

Top Bottom