Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Saturday's meet (TN regional) results - PR's !!!!

power-builder

Well, the meet was this past Saturday and I am very pleased with my results; meet PR's in all lifts AND meet total PR! Woohoo! Saw a 705 lb squat, and a 705 deadlift, and some records broken. My training partner had the biggest bench at 474, his first meet ever.

I opened with 573 on squat, got 2 lights and moved on to 623, video showed it nice and deep but still got 2 lights(?). Anyway, called for 661, backed out with it, something didn't feel right. The video is freakin hilarious, I set up, am looking at my feet, look up and figure out what's wrong, immediately look back down and see that my lever belt is not latched! I look up again and am about to say "Wait, my belt..." then I hear "Squat!" and see the judges hand drop. Well, I figured, it's now or never. Had great depth, came out of the hole good, but about half way up I started falling back. I figured I can make it to the top without a step, so I keep going. I'm ALMOST to the top and had to take a step back, still finished it before the spotters grabbed me. Damn, almost got 661 with no belt. Anyway, the 623 was a meet PR.

Bench was not quite as eventful, opened with 402, on to 424, slightly uneven lock, but got 2 lights. Couldn't lock out 441. 424 was a meet PR.

On to my worst event. Pulled 502 to open, then 524. 540 came out of my left hand about 1/4 the way up, so I bailed. 524 was again a meet PR.

So, ended up with 1571, which is again PR, so all in all I was very happy. Met some cool people, talked to some lifters I've known for a while, and generally had a good time.

Kudos to Powermag for showing up. Nice mag BTW! When can we expect coverage?

Meet was well run turn out was pretty good, 50(?) lifters or so.

Forgot to say I weighed in at 226 (227 # class) and since I was the only 227 in Submaster-2, got first (as well as last) place.

Last edited:
Heck yeah man...great job!!!!

B True

Top Bottom