Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Safe, Gentle, Effective Laxitive?

HANSEL

What works but isnt dangerous? Is Milk of Magnesia a good idea? will mineral oil start making you fat? Magnesium citrate?

No laxitives are dangerous in sensible doses. There are a lot of herbal ones on the market. I'm usually skeptical of herbal rubbish ("now with extra fig leaves!"), but they do work. Take one before bed and you'll be shitting through the eye of a needle the next day. Milk of magnesia is just too strong for me.

Take one before bed and you'll be shitting through the eye of a needle the next day

blahahahaha. sorry.. anyway listen to the wise man. Most arent too bad as long as you follow the directions carefully.

If you're looking for gentle and effective "regularity", I'd recommend adding a daily spoonful (or 2) of wheat bran to your diet. You won't need any laxatives, and you won't have any surprises if you know what I mean. :eek2:

I think it tastes great mixed in my oatmeal. Sometimes I'll add it to a shake, but it's a little scratchy. As you add fiber like wheat bran to your diet, make sure you drink extra water.

I also tried Benefiber - the clear stuff you can mix in juice, etc. I thought it had a weird taste. It's made from partially hydrolyzed Guar Gum, whatever that is - I didn't like the sound of it. I'm staying w/my wheat bran.

Eat something high in fiber then just take a weak laxative and you'll be destroying your toilet. I normally eat a few servings of bush's fat free baked beans(7 g fiber a serving) and that'll send me to the bathroom. You could also try eating a bar of soap, I hear that works well(kidding, dont do it).

fiber/bran (wheat or oat)

fruit (prunes for instance)

Metamucil bro! It works! Trust me. I take 1 tablespoon after dinner and the next moring-ahhhh. I'm like clockwork now! Regular as hell!

drveejay11 said:
Metamucil bro! It works! Trust me. I take 1 tablespoon after dinner and the next moring-ahhhh. I'm like clockwork now! Regular as hell!

Sugar free Metamucil

Top Bottom