Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Run!!!!!!!!

JKurz1

Banned
Anybody run trails by their home instead of afternoon training? Thinking I need an off-day and figured I hit a 1.2 mile trail that is pretty intense instead of mindlessly jogging for 30 minutes....prob. yields the same results......anyone?

i think that would be a good idea instead of just jogging for 30 minutes around a track or on a treadmill. in high school when i played ball, i ran alot. running on the track was ok, but sometimes i really liked running on my high schools wooded cross country course. it is more intense, becuase of the terrain, but i really liked the changes in the scenery, a good break up from just running on the track.

JKurz1 said:
Anyone else who trains hard do it to break up the monotony....?

yeah...to break up the monotony, I take a nap...lol.

sorry--j/k! Seriously, I run off-road alot cuase Im near the SM mountains- beautiful trails w/ocean view :) & dont forget- you will need different running shoes for trails than your using for treadmill.

JKurz1 said:
Cool......think it has positive effects on your gym workout?

yes. Make sure your working-- HB in the 75-85% range-- & I run the day after I train legs/squats so my legs are a little fatigued & Im burning fat stores. Its a little tricky because if your really running hard on trails, you better be damned sure you dont hit rocks or loose gravel on the trail & fall on your ass (done that btw).... the track is alot safer, but def a little boring.

I love running on trails! We train hard all week on the roads in the morning and the track in the afternoon, but anytime I have a chance to do trails, I go for it. It's a better workout too. Also, if you run on grass and stuff like trails, you form better looking muscles in your calves. My times are always amazingly faster on the roads, which also shows me the more challenging course is the trails.

Top Bottom