Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Reps and strength????

Juice Junkie

I have been told that reps dont equal strength when training for strength as in powerlifting. I have always had a strong squat but now I am hitting a bit of a plateau. I use the box on occasion and always free squat raw with no more than knee wraps and sometimes briefs. I am trying to get up to 700 by december but currently I am stuck right at 600. My usual method of training for legs is 1 day a week and I squat for about 8-10 sets working up to a single or a hard double. Then its maybe one more set to burnout and I'm done. Would dropping the weight and working in a rep range of 5-8 be beneficial at all?

I don't think so. Your best bet is to do multiple sets in the 3-5 rep range. Start around 500lbs or so and go up maybe 15-20 lbs per week. When I wasn't training westside this was what worked best for me. Just warmup until you hit your work weight and use the same weight fo rthat week.

you might want to try starting at a heavier weight. start with the weight you use on your second lift. i start with 315 (after i warm my knees up on extensions) on heavy days and top out at 635. on lite days i start at 225 and die at 545. it may just be me though, it seems that my body knows how many sets its going to allow me to do and to get gains i got to trick myself.

Top Bottom