Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

regarding vioxx and celebrex

I tried Vioxx & Celebrex and neither one did a damn thing for me. Maybe with a higher dosage I would of seen better results. I'll never know because I don't intend to try either ever again. I tried DMSO but it didn't do anything for me either. Aspirin and Ibuprofen are the only things that help deaden the pain (reduce inflammation) of my tendonitis. Icing helps too.

i barely use pain killlers... i've only heard of vioxx and celebrex referred to on the boards.. i jsut use ibuprofen.

Well, number one, ibuprofein is not a cox-2 inhibitor like vioxx and celebrex, and many others, and I promise you that if you take to much ibuprofen that it will upset your stomach. We literally can not keep the samples of vioxx and celebrex on our shelves at the office. Probably 75% of our messages every day are for one or the other. If you take it right it will almost always give you a theraputic result. Not to say that all people can take it though. These two drugs are probably two of the best drugs that have ever been marketed, and if you dont believe me, just ask the majority of people who use them.

Latamier,

Keep in mind this is a healthy debate. I don't want it to degenerate into what some of the other threads here have, but you do not have your facts correct.

Fact:

NSAID's (ibuprofen, aspirin, ketoprofen, etc) are definitely COX-2 inhibitors. Problem is they are COX-1 inhibitors as well. COX-1 is thought to protect the stomach lining.

Celebrex and Vioxx make the claim that by not inhibiting COX-1, they will not cause ulcers. This has come under fire, and the FDA has just issued a memorandum declaring that they are no longer allowed to make this claim on their labels.

You say that you can't keep the stuff on your shelf. Well, to me, that is indication of the power of advertising and the marketing budget of Pfizer and Merck.

Personal experience:

Having been on high-dosage Ibuprofen for 1 year following my back injury as well as experimenting with Celebrex, I can tell you Ibuprofen works better for me, and it is MUCH cheaper. As I point out to others, make sure your stomach can handle it. You'll know.

peace.
irish

Last edited:
Irish you are one intellegent dude. For real. I myself have used both Voixe and celebrex with great results. BUt i use them when i feel great pain. Like my shoulder (twice) last year. But i do not take them often. But i do take up to 8 to 12 ibuprophen along with 4 to 6 BC powders daily. From Inflamation to pre workout its every day. Sometimes only 4 ibu a day. It just depends on my pain. But nothing really knocks the edge off like anti's and asprin. And i ice every single day. Yes every single day. Usually shoulder (left) to elbows again. Went almost 2 yrs with zero elbow , or bicep tendonitis. Now that heavy squat are done the bicep tendonidit will go away. It always does. But the shoulder, shit thats every day. I got ice on my elbow as i write this!

pljay:

thanks for the vote of confidence, but my wife might disagree with you ;) I can at least do research.

I should state one more thing. NSAIDs and even the new Celebrex/Vioxx drugs more or less work the same way. It's just a question of rotating them around until you find the one that works best.

It's kind of like 'why does enanthate do better than cypionate in some but not others'...... It may be a question of body-type, receptors, mind-state, etc. Researchers do NOT know conclusively.

My main point was that a person has an arsenal of cheap NSAIDs to choose from rather than waste $90 on a bottle of celebrex. Go buy some deca with the money you save :) However, if you find that celebrex and vioxx are working well, then there is no need to get rid of that.

take care.
/irish

Damn you Irish,

You stole my thunder. I was going to point out that my ibuprofen use really diminishes while I have a good supply of dandy deca.

My wife got some really strong ibuprofen by script, and she never takes them, I take them occasionally before or after a tough workout. I have read from Glen Buechlien, that his stomach is in terrible shape after years of taking ibuprofen so I try and take it sparingly, just live with the pain as much as I can, do some traction exercises with bands, and switch my pain medications around.

I seem to hurt more from heavy squats than I do from all other exercises combined. I have a bench meet coming up in a month, and will be dropping squats in a couple of weeks. That always makes my shoulder's and elbows feel a lot better, though I realize this is not much of a solution for a 3 lift man.

Irish, keep the info a coming. We are all in your debt for taking the time to pass along the knowledge you have amassed. I really mean that.

B.

elbow tendonitis from heavy squats:

1. buy some elbow bands for squat days.
2. try a long bar and move your grip out. i will take a lot of pressure off your shoulders and elbows. you wont feel as tight as first cause you arent crammed under, but i promise you will feel better in a few weeks.

/irish

Top Bottom