Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Red here's the first MW2 comparison

wow, those are xbox screen shots? looks pretty amazing.

Is this gonna be available for ps3?

Yeah look closely at the images, it's a comparison between the two systems.

Looks pretty good, I don't have time to cut and paste all those links......but I"m surprised what your buddy said about the PC version. Is it maybe cause it's a pirate copy?

Also, my dude who has a PS3 told me something interesting this weekend, I'm wondering if you've heard this.......he hasn't gotten any of the sports games for the PS3, he play's those on his 360. Reason is according to him that the blu ray is causing drops in framerates for the fast moving games like Madden. His friend sold his ps3 cause sports games are like all he plays and he didn't want to put up with it. I was pretty much floored when I heard that cause I haven't read anything about framerate problems with the ps3 or the 360, that's like the first thing that they tackle in development. But these are Ps3 owners talking, not me....so I'm just askin. According to my friend it has something to do with the blu ray being so dense that it takes the reader extra time to pull out the info.

Dude you need to go plat! lol. Here's the link-
http://www.cynamite.de/_misc/galleries/detail.cfm?pk=2633&fk=129562&opv=gal&page=1&order=&aid=0

Any multiplat developer will say it's tougher to get the framerate up to speed on PS3, mainly because they're used to powerPC based architecture. Madden is an EA game and EA early on struggled with the PS3, and I think '07/'08 Madden was 30 fps vs. 60 on 360. The latest is apparently on par framerate wise.

Other multiplat devs like Criterion, Infinity Ward, hell even Epic with the UT 3 console ports had an easier time getting the performance out of the PS3. Others won't even bother trying (Valve, lol).
One of the cool things about consoles is seeing how far things can come from launch titles given a fixed chipset.

Yeah look closely at the images, it's a comparison between the two systems.

oh, i gotcha.

I don't really see much difference. Is this game available for the ps3? If so any screen shots of it for comparison?

Everytime I see a commercial it never says if it's available for the ps3.

oh, i gotcha.

I don't really see much difference. Is this game available for the ps3? If so any screen shots of it for comparison?

Everytime I see a commercial it never says if it's available for the ps3.

lol yeah I said the above are comparison shots between the PS3/360. They're a little easier to view in the link from my previous post.

And yeah Micro$oft makes sure to buy up the rights to exclusive ad logos lol.

Gotta hand it to Infinity Ward though. They may have fucked PC gamers over but they are pretty damn good at multiplating consoles.

Oh and Red my buddy said it was a good game on PC, just that it was short and as far as graphics it was not really any better than what the first Modern Warfare on PC was.

Just an FYI I will indeed be buying this for PC first thing tomorrow morning once I get to work.

lol yeah I said the above are comparison shots between the PS3/360. They're a little easier to view in the link from my previous post.

And yeah Micro$oft makes sure to buy up the rights to exclusive ad logos lol.

Gotta hand it to Infinity Ward though. They may have fucked PC gamers over but they are pretty damn good at multiplating consoles.

Oh and Red my buddy said it was a good game on PC, just that it was short and as far as graphics it was not really any better than what the first Modern Warfare on PC was.

fvck, i just noticed that. Dammit!

How much better are the graphics on PC compared to the 2 consoles?

also..do you know if liberty city stories is gonna be on ps3. Pisses me off when they advertise it as xbox only. haha.

fvck, i just noticed that. Dammit!

How much better are the graphics on PC compared to the 2 consoles?

also..do you know if liberty city stories is gonna be on ps3. Pisses me off when they advertise it as xbox only. haha.

For damn near any game now that's a console to pc port, there isn't a whole lot of difference besides higher resolutions on pc because you're right in front of a monitor. Some games have extra graphical/technical perks on pc like the Batman: Arkham Asylum game that has advanced physics with an Nvidia card. Then there's keyboard/mouse controls which are much quicker than a console gamepad. If you want to spend the time there are keyboard/mouse mods for the consoles but as far as official support for them the only game I know of is UT3 on PS3.

PC gamers are pissed at Infinity Ward (Modern Warfare 2 dev) because they gimped their version by taking out mod support, console commands, dedicated servers, lean-aim function and to top it off raised the price $10 bucks so it's $60 like the consoles now. I can just imagine how much this game is gonna get pirated now lol. I actually might consider renting this one on PS3 before playing on PC.

Liberty City Stories is a PS2/PSP game. You might be thinking of Episodes from Liberty City, which is this exclusive to Xbox 360.
Don't worry though. Rockstar has an exclusive PS3 game in the works.

yeah, episodes from Liberty city.

Fuck, That looked like a pretty cool game. Stupid xbox and there exclusive rights!

any inside info to this new Rockstar Game?

yeah, episodes from Liberty city.

Fuck, That looked like a pretty cool game. Stupid xbox and there exclusive rights!

any inside info to this new Rockstar Game?

Grand Theft Auto developer Rockstar North will be bringing a new game exclusively to the PlayStation 3, Sony CEO Jack Tretton announced during Sony's E3 conference.

A press statement released later touted Agent as "a paranoid journey into the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970s."

"The team in Edinburgh is doing an amazing job combining intense action, atmosphere and story in a great period setting to create something that feels quite unique," said Rockstar Games founder Sam Houser. "We are making what we believe will be the ultimate action game."

New Rockstar PS3 Exclusive: Agent - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

Take-Two grooming Agent to be the next GTA
News by Tor Thorsen, GameSpotJun 4, 2009 5:41 pm

Q&A: Discussing E3 and the current console cycle, president Ben Feder declares the just-announced PS3 exclusive has the Houser Bros. and Rockstar North's "A team working on an AAA title."

LOS ANGELES--Unlike in past years, this year's E3 Sony press conference saw the platform holder's cup runneth over. Besides the PSP Go, native PSP video store, and new motion-sensing technology, the company showed off a series of high-profile exclusives, including MAG, God of War III, Uncharted 2, The Last Guardian, and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Ironically, the event dedicated only a few moments to a title that has the potential to be one of the biggest PS3 exclusives ever, Agent. The game is the mystery title announced in 2007 by Rockstar North, developer of the Grand Theft Auto series. Ben Feder, president of Rockstar parent Take-Two Interactive, believes the game could achieve the same level of success, given that its development is being overseen by Rockstar Games founders Sam and Dan Houser.

"We think this has the potential to be yet another great Rockstar North franchise title. ... It's the Houser Brothers and Rockstar North. It's the A team working on an AAA title. I think the subject matter, the characters, the story, the environment, the background--all the elements are there. It's such a rich environment to play in."

Speaking with GameSpot on the Electronic Entertainment Expo show floor, Feder explained the decision to develop the game solely for Sony's console. "The trade-offs a publisher will typically make is, if you're platform-agnostic, you get a larger installed base," he said. "You're platform exclusive when you get the right kind of support from first parties."

Take-Two believes Sony will offer the same kind of support that made Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas--all initially PlayStation 2 exclusives--three of the top 10 selling games of all time. Said Feder, "At this phase in the cycle, when you're trying to launch a new franchise, exclusivity can really help you launch the franchise. It can give you the kind of platform that you need to start exclusive, start in the right kind of way with the right kind of partner. Exclusivity does work."

Feder is also unfazed by the fact that the PlayStation 3 is currently a distant third in the three-way console race. According to Sony, the console has a worldwide installed base of 22 million units, compared to the Xbox 360's 30 million and the Wii's 50 million-plus.

"I have a lot of confidence in Sony. I have a lot of confidence in their ability to lead the market, as they always have," declared Feder. "Their console is a terrific platform to be developing for, and Agent is a great testament as to our belief in what that platform can do, and what they can do with us as part of a partnership."

The executive also thinks Sony has plenty of time to get back on top. "I think this console cycle is going to be a lot longer than people think," said Feder. "I think it's still very early--we're definitely not in a five-year cycle, and this is going to go on for a long time. I think that's good news for developers and good news for consumers. When that console change happens, I think there will be a lot of excitement for it at that point, because technology will have had the time to really accelerate and develop."

Take-Two grooming Agent to be the next GTA - News GameSpot E3 2009

Last edited:
Top Bottom