Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Real butter or substitue like Smart Balance?

Snarling Force

I know real butter is high in sat fats but its a natural product. Right now, I'm using Smart Balance Light with Flax Oil. Maybe the choice is obvious but I find myself wondering if using the natural butter would be more healthy than using the substitue. What do you all think?

BTW, here is the nutrition label for the Smart Balance Light with Flax oil that I currently use:

2hn876u.jpg

Saturated fats, in moderation, are actually healthy and contribute to normal hormone functioning - especially in the athletic male.

That's not to say you should eat ice-cream scoops of butter, but short chain saturated fats (as found in coconut oil), and the saturated fats in butter help us produce endogenous cholesterol, the basis for DHEA, all the sex hormones and androgens and other important chemicals.

tl;dr: I'd use the butter, but use it smartly. Don't use it to make up your calories (healthier monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, as found in nuts and home ground nut butters are much better for this purpose) but do include it in your daily diet.

Top Bottom