Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Random but I am going to Philly for the weekend

SC4EVA

New member
I know its random but thats where I am headed this upcoming weekend - The better half and I are super broke right with property taxes being due so a cheap weekend was planned - Staying two nights with parking and breakfast at nice hotel for $229. Pretty good deal - Little depressed to be going to Philly for a birthday weekend but oh well - Cape Cod and Montreal are a little out of the price range this summer

Since I have only partied in Philly and havent done touristy or historical etc things in forever can you guys give me some heads up? Does jerkbox live in philly?
 
SC4EVA said:
I know its random but thats where I am headed this upcoming weekend - The better half and I are super broke right with property taxes being due so a cheap weekend was planned - Staying two nights with parking and breakfast at nice hotel for $229. Pretty good deal - Little depressed to be going to Philly for a birthday weekend but oh well - Cape Cod and Montreal are a little out of the price range this summer

Since I have only partied in Philly and havent done touristy or historical etc things in forever can you guys give me some heads up? Does jerkbox live in philly?

You have to go see the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall. Catch a ball game, go to Pat's get a nasty ass greasy cheesesteak with Cheesewhiz. There's a little bar-b-q place in an old firehouse, that was pretty good, with a great atmosphere, can't remember the name, but I haven't been to Philly in 5 years.
 
God from the lack of replies im starting to realize how lame this weekend could be - Perhaps I should do Boston or nothing at all =/
 
Nah Philly is not that bad. I made a thread a while ago shitting on it, but it is not that bad.

I wish I knew where to tell you to go - I was there on biz. Jerkbox lives there I am pretty sure.

You can do the Independence Hall and Liberty Bell stuff - all in the same area, interesting history stuff.

There was one area that was a lot of nightlife, was OK, and then I think something called Rittenhouse Square or Park that was kinda OK too. Someone named lucidblue sed to live there and gave me a bunch of recommendations once - she knows the city well. if she still posts, ask her.
 
SUp guys - havent been on in couple days and surprised this post is still up - havent decided whether or not to go - its $200 for the doubletree suite from friday till sunday with parkin included. Need to decide before tomorrow afternoon
 
never been to Philly before is that in California
 
Forget Pat or Geno's, they both suck in my opinion. Hit up Tony Luke's on Front and Oregon. If you don't want a cheese steak try a pork sandwich, extra wet, with mushrooms and mild provolone. Catch a Phillies game if they're in town this weekend. They suck, but the park has been deemed HR haven, and it's a nice stadium. They have a place called the Bull Pit or something like that, named after one of the players. It's bbq food. The guy was signing autographs. I didn't know who he was so said rather loudly "Who's the ass clown holding up the line?" He heard me, and didn't appreciate it, but we got a laugh when we saw how pissed he was.

Have fun. There's a lot of history in Philly. Birthplace of freedom. Was the capital of the US. The USMC was founded in a tavern in Philly.
 
Rex said:
Forget Pat or Geno's, they both suck in my opinion. Hit up Tony Luke's on Front and Oregon. If you don't want a cheese steak try a pork sandwich, extra wet, with mushrooms and mild provolone. Catch a Phillies game if they're in town this weekend. They suck, but the park has been deemed HR haven, and it's a nice stadium. They have a place called the Bull Pit or something like that, named after one of the players. It's bbq food. The guy was signing autographs. I didn't know who he was so said rather loudly "Who's the ass clown holding up the line?" He heard me, and didn't appreciate it, but we got a laugh when we saw how pissed he was.

Have fun. There's a lot of history in Philly. Birthplace of freedom. Was the capital of the US. The USMC was founded in a tavern in Philly.


Dude, you have never heard of Greg Luzinski? Grr. I do hope you aren't a native.
 
the alternitive lifestyle is quite popular i guess in philly... look for a good turkish bath house maybe??? hit up some clubs as well but check out the historical stuff for sure
 
redguru said:
Dude, you have never heard of Greg Luzinski? Grr. I do hope you aren't a native.

I am a native. Perhaps being 21 has something to do with not knowing who he is. Still doesn't change the fact that he held up the line to get some BBQ.
 
Rex said:
I am a native. Perhaps being 21 has something to do with not knowing who he is. Still doesn't change the fact that he held up the line to get some BBQ.

He'd probably eat all the BBQ, he was a big boy back in the 70's and 80's when him and Michael Jack Schmidt used to race each other for the HR lead.

The BullPen in the Vet was a place when he would buy tickets for underpriveleged and handicapped kids.
 
lots of good beer bars here.....visit independence hall, christ church, penn's landing, art museum......you can do a duck tour through olde city and the river, go to camden and visit the aquarium.......there's lots of shit to do. just make sure you don't run into me.

thanks
 
for historical/touristy shit:
hit up the liberty bell, constitution center, independence hall, old city and all that

for philly eats:
It's cliche, but i guess mandatory, you gotta either go to Geno's or Pat's and get a cheesesteak, although I subscribe to the Dalessandro's school of thought when it comes to cheesesteaks.
Tony Luke's has awesome sandwiches like roast pork or chicken cutlet italian. I like either one with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone
Primo's Hoagies in south philly are the best hoagies, but some Amoroso worshiping bitches don't like their rolls.

There are some good bars in old city or manayunk, although the manayunk ones tend to fill up with fun-boys and yuppie whores.
 
LOL - well woke up on couch last night and decided I cant be bothered going down to Philly - So thankfully I was able to cancel reservation
 
change your travel plans to the last week of august and cum down to nawlinz!!
 
Top Bottom