Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rack Pull Dilemma- Suggestions?

cmarcell

Okay so I like to only deadlift once every other week. Personal choice. So recently I began looking into rack pulls, figuring I could substitute these in when I'm not deadlifting.

Problem is this. No power racks at my gym which are ideal for this exercise. Really nothing in the gym other than 3 solutions.

1. Squat rack- only problem is, the bar needs to be a little higher than the kneecap, and here, the bar would be even higher.

2. Smith Machine (straight motion)- problem is, it's a damn smith machine.

3. Smith Machine (angled motion)- same deal.

I started in the angled smith, but didn't like it. I moved the straight motion smith, and it felt better, but still not ideal. So with this problem, do you guys see a solution, or would I be better off just ditching the idea for now.

And no, a new gym isn't an option. I got a couple of months left (I think 2-3) and I'm not paying the termination fee when I'm that close.

another option to the rack pulls, assuming you cant do them, is power clean and clean pull on the alternate weeks when you're not dead lifting. this is what i am currently doing.

Stand on an aerobic step in the squat rack. A good 4-6" step should work great.

Top Bottom