Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

question if you're trying to get cut

blaze

ok im working out to get cut. should i still work out each muscle once a week? if so how many sets should i be doing for each muscle and how many reps should i do?

Keep the training the same, at all muscles once per week, increase total set by 2 or 3, higher reps lesser weight. feel the burn, keep reps slow and squeeze

Ok, first things first: ignore Bigdogg's advice.

Secondly, realise that the myth that low reps/high weight for bulking, high reps/low weight for cutting is indeed that - a myth.

Don't change anything about training when you cut. Maybe add some cardio, but even that ain't necessary.

Although that does not mean some bodyparts don't need high reps.
I have found that the following respond best to the following number of reps / set:

Arms- 8-12
Abs-Calves- 15-20
Back, Legs, Chest - 6-8

Robboe said:
Ok, first things first: ignore Bigdogg's advice.

Secondly, realise that the myth that low reps/high weight for bulking, high reps/low weight for cutting is indeed that - a myth.

Don't change anything about training when you cut. Maybe add some cardio, but even that ain't necessary.

a myth huh? ok, we can all tell you haven't progressed too much in the sport of bodybuilding. You keep on going to the gym, doing your high reps with low weight during bulking, then post some pics.. i wanna see ur results

Bigdog I believe he meant never do highreps low weight.

go low rep high weight all the time. Whatever rep range works for you continue with the same rep range. Theres no need to change it up.

What ever puts on the muscle will also help keep the muscle while you cut. (unless your into that beyond failure MAX OT stuff, you best be eating then.)

Your rep ranges will be best optimized not by blanket figures, but by doing some muscle fiber testing, and determining yor fast twitch, slow twitch and mixed muscle groups. I do somewaht lower reps for chest, delts, and biceps as they tested fast twitch, a slighlty higher rep range for back as that tested mixed and higher for legs as that tested slower. I do, say 5-7 for the first, 6-10 for the second and 8-12 for the third. This doesn't suddenly change when cutting up, but the diet sure does. Cardio becomes a factor then too.

If your cutting up don't change you lifting, not too much. Add a good diet, and more cardio to your week. That's all it should take....

Well, I think we can all tell that BiggDog hasn't progressed too much in the field of paying attention.

Enock was right - I don't do high reps at all. [well, one high rep set for calves as blood_drinker said]

Top Bottom