Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for Walking, Cwick and company!!

wnt2bBeast

Ive been hitting incline dbells 5x5 but my gym only goes to 130's so today i went back to barbell @270..you guys inspire me to want to bench more cuz its one area where im not really motivated lol..anyway im always about full ROM but i think i did about 4sets of 5 before i realized i wasnt locking them out..even with the dbells i always make sure to lock em out but for whatever reason today i wasnt..wanted to know how you guys do 'em, full lockout or more like coleman constant tension..

I NEVER lockout. It places the stress on your bones for a second vs keeping it all on your muscles. Same reason i never touch my chest. I feel that if i touch the weight to my chest that my muscles are not contracted fully and start to stretch/relax. I prefer constant tension the entire time.

Thanx bro, i do touch the chest but im definitely not resting the weight..next question then how far up do you move the weight, just shy of lockout?

Thats an impressive bench! Im with cwick, I dont lock or touch in order to keep tention. I stop just short of lockout and about 1-2 inches above my chest.

BIGDHO said:
Thats an impressive bench! Im with cwick, I dont lock or touch in order to keep tention. I stop just short of lockout and about 1-2 inches above my chest.
Thanx bro appreciate it..guess you can always learn something new!!

270 isnt bad at all brother!! Especially on a strict incline. As Ive recently learned since Ive had to switch benches due to my gym closing down. I always touch my chest and will even incorporate some bounce sometimes, but try to minimize that. I lockout most of the time, but sometimes when Im going for the higher reps I find myself blasting them all out at different ranges, some just short of lockout and some full. I dont really have a rule, I just go by how I feel on a given day. Im always very close to lockout though. If I do fail without rereacking the weight, then I didnt get the weight as far as Im concerned. So Ill often list 275x12 3/4 for example if I didnt get the 13th rep fully. Sometimes the weight is being moved so fast also, that the lockout can get a little neglected. Like when I hit 275x15, Im sure those were going pretty fast, and some may have been a little short of lockout. I always find myself locking out 315, as I get stronger with that weight that will probabally change, as Ill be blasting it quickly and explosively. Hope that helps!!

Thanx Bro!!!your posts are always helpful..i hear ya on being able to squeeze that last rep all the way up to the rack..your honest with yourself that will only make you stronger..i lift to test myself and ultimately that is all that matters..cant wait to hit 3 wheels for reps!!!! what is it you always say? keep killing that shit!!! :supercool

As is suspected, Bigdho benches the same way i do. I have been benching this way for 3 or 4 years now and absolutely love it. Plus, i am stronger than i ever have been these days.

I stop just short of lockout, unless im tired, then i will lockout for a second to catch my breath.

Try it...it will be difficult/different to start, but you should take off quite quickly.

what the hell for. We are all in this to help each other learn something new about training and busting our asses.

Top Bottom