Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about tuna intake

rasta

Almost all of the recommended fitness/bodybuilding diets suggest tuna on a daily bases as a snack or small meal, but tuna has a high mercury content that over a long period of time can be dangerous for the body, especially the reproductive organs. Is anyone considered this aspect and does anyone have any alternatives to tuna as a high protein, good efa snack?

Just wondering
Rasta

I am not sure of the mercury level effects on the body after a long time of consumption, but I did lay off the stuff for a while. Almost makes me puke thinking of tuna..... ;)

i htink youd have to eat a helluvah lotta tuna to get your mercury levels up there.....(not a doc though) but i eat 2 cans per day...

canned tuna just resembles cat food in every way shape and form to me.... that really doesn't answer this question or add to the value of this thread at all, but i had to make the fact known

Phemomena said:
canned tuna just resembles cat food in every way shape and form to me.... that really doesn't answer this question or add to the value of this thread at all, but i had to make the fact known

I hear ya sista :D

Phem....???? You okay today? :confused:

You do need to eat a ton of tuna to accumulate toxic levels of mercury....personally, I'm more concerned about the air I breath.

i'm well thank you...

i just dislike tuna with a passion... can't eat the crap.. cats love it though... it's a real treat to them when i decide i'm going to try to force myself to eat a new tuna dish... two bites, mess up my face and call the kittens... :)

I can't stand the chunk stuff, but the whole/filet is better, less fishy. I have to agree with you though, in a perfect world, I'd rather just feed it to the cat :kitty:

Top Bottom