Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pyramid vs. Same weight

wallcrawler

Ok, so some lifts I do are recommended to use the same weight each set and do the same number of reps while others recommend increasing the weight each set while decreasing the reps. Which is better or does it matter?

It matters, but depends on the individual. Some might respond to a higher number of reps at the same weight. Personally, a pyramid with just a few heavy sets works consistently with me so I apply it to alot of lifts.

I mix these protocols in a conjugated manner aka the Westside template. So on ME day I pyramid up to a 1RM or 3RM. On the other day I will do something that I do a couple of warmup sets and then do four sets of of a set number. This is usally SE ( submaximal weights for a set number of reps. Not usually to failure. The reps are usualy in the 3 to 8 range ) as opposed to RE ( reps to failure ).

The exersizes can be the same but are often different. i.e. Bench on ME day and DB Floor Presses on the other day. For some the other day is speed work. So maybe Bench (DE) with bands and then DB Floor Presses (SE) for four sets of 8.

The above incorporates ME, SE and DE in one week for the Bench. Hence the cojugated methods. So the answer is that these different methods all have their place and are beneficial. So you are working absolute strength, hypertrophy and speed in the same week for the same lift.

I may do ME Deadlifts one week and the next week do SE Romanian Deadlifts.

I love pyramids and use them for the the big lifts. However I like to do SE Pendlay Rows where I an concentrating on the reps for the work as opposed to pushing for a 3RM.

Ok, so some lifts I do are recommended to use the same weight each set and do the same number of reps while others recommend increasing the weight each set while decreasing the reps. Which is better or does it matter?

progessive overload !!! proven and effective to cause hyperthopy..

Top Bottom