Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pullups.... rings? straps? hooks?

intermix

I'd like to add pullups to my routine every other day. The last time I tried this on a straight bar the volume was bad for my forearms and elbows.
Have you seen or heard of anything I could use that allows more wrist rotation? Say, like straps or hooks I can throw over the bar, or a pair of rings with a sturdy strap in between, something like that?

Nope you need. to do it with out any of that crap ....Use your grip , try some chin ups for a few weeks also try different bars

Last edited:
Nope you need. to do it with out any of that crap ....Use your grip , try some chin ups for a few weeks also try different bars
No other bars available

agreed... do them the man's way and you will strengthen your weak parts... eventually your wrist and grip will catch up...
No, they won't. Wrist aren't meant to move in that plane on a regular basis.

Tblock, thanks, however I'm not working on hand & finger strength.
So.. noone's heard of what I'm looking for?
A set of rings would be great but for some reason they won't let me drill holes in the gym's ceiling lol

If you have no other bars use rings. Rings are the most intense workout I've ever done, and you can do more than just pull-ups with them. They also build up damn near every stabilizing muscle in your upper body. And you can get rings that don't require holes to or drilled, they have some that with straps you can connect to things like swing sets and shit. http://www.ringtraining.com/shop/exf-rings.html

the more variations the better.

definitely use rings. the range of motion is different. you can use different grips as well on the rings.

a towel over the bar is cool too.

if volume is the problem though you need to do rehab and/or throw a vest on to cut down on the volume.

I have that 'perfect pullup' screwed into my doorframe at home. It comes with grips that hook onto the bar and rotate. Maybe you can buy that piece separate, it sounds like what you are describing

Top Bottom