Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Psychology.

I have a Ph.D. in psychology, philosophy, and astrology and look at where I am today! Go for it!

-Warik

Lord sust.
So what? It is a real major. Take a look:

In psych you can get a better job. Check this, If i were an outstanding acheiver I could get a job before the last semester starts, and be being paid before I'm even hired. Also, there are more jobs in psych than in Bio. Or at least jobs I'd be intersted in.

And, half of the studies made in psychology are about human behavior which has nothing to do with bio, and is what I want to learn about. The only thing it could have to do with bio is failure of chemical transfer from point a in the mind to point b.
Also I feel it would be a good way for me to go from an unstable character to a Extroverted one.

Gorlim, sure I'll aim ya.

Yeah man I minored in it before i decided I would rather go to dental school. All it did for me was help me acknowledge that I needed help!!!!!

K2_Exotech said:
[]Anyone here interested in the field of psychology?
Not pscychiatry, the bastards who you pay to help you, but all they do is tell you little methods of pinning anger away until your mom says some bitchy remark and the floodgates burst open.

Differences between psychiatry and psychology are vast. Psychiatrists are not psychologists. Psychiatrists don't major in psychology. They are pre-med majors who go to medical school and while there, they narrow their area of expertise into neurological function. Psychiatrists typically treat mentally ill or various chemical/organic abnormalities. As a medical doctor, they are free to prescribe medications to treat psyciatric problems.

I'm talking about the kind where you study the mentality of people. Like schizo's. Why do they have more usage of the brain? Is their other self actually another person who has used a capable brain of containing the energy that is them? Or is it created by the person who is diagnosed with the schizophrenia? It's very plexing, and i enjoy trying to figure these things out, and studying about the human mind and it's behavior.

Schizophrenia has nothing to do with a "split personality" per se. The condition that you are referring to is call Split Personality Disorder. This disorder has been declared as a hoax until very recently as an extremely small percentage of the population ever exhibit it. The only reason that you've heard about it is because variou media have blown the thing out of proportion. Only 2 people out of billions have been diagnosed with Split Personality Disorder and one has to allow for the possibility that these 2 were very good actors.

that way I can alter my own, or, tell when someone is doing me wrong.
The study of psychology will change your life and you will begin to think of how you are behaving in terms of the mean behavior of others in your particular environment, condition, proximity, or mood; you, in a sense, cease to exhibit a "natural outlook" on life. Once you start to learn about the inner workings of the mind and about the populus in general, you can't go back to ignorance.. which can be bliss.

Plus Maybe, I could start psychiatry and be straight up with people. Tell them good methods of releasing anger without harm to self or others.

This would be a method of psychology.

There are many areas of psychology including everything from marriage and family counseling, to positioning instumentation in jet aircraft to be more informative during emergencies, to evaluating personalities in jury selection, to studying tactics of terrorists in an effort to evaluatate likely culprits via some signature... and the millitary hires hundreds of psychologists to develop military strageties to determine what movements the enemy is likely to make and how to win the cooperation of foreign govenments and turn troops against their governments (deflection).

There are thousands of business that use psychologists for everything from determining what color to paint a room to what items to put on top and bottom shelves. Psychology is a science and a big money maker for those who dedicate their lives to understanding.

-Stew

Last edited:
K2 exotech, if you are interested in abnormal psych and treating the symptoms , you will definitely need to do some pharmacology, oh isn't that bio based and chem based as well. Your gonna get a better job right out of college? I don't think so since masters get you no where in psych anymore and you really need your phd or your Md, but remeber now the Md is bio based....
Um more jobs in psych, um then what is the whole medical field and pharmeaceudicals,therapy, dentistry, chiropracting ect.... is that an elective then???????
hey if you like social work have a blast dealing with nuts all the time, have fun...

Oh if you want to know my major just guess cause is not as easy as psych..

As far as making a living in the feild of "Psychotherapy" it depends on two things, 1.how good a therapist you are, and 2.how good a businessman you are.If your good at # 1 but not good at #2 youll end up working for $12 and hr at some state agency or something, if your good at counseling and good at # 2 you can make ahigh 6 figure incime.On the other hand, most "Psychologists" do research of some kind.

Well, first off I don't consider psychology to be a science. I was halfway through a psych degree before I figured this out. The vast majority of it, to be blunt, is bullshit. There is very little that is objective about psychology. Granted, the scientific method is used...and some of the biological basis' for behavior are accurate, but I really belive the whole field to be 90% subjective.

And it's almost impossible to find a good job with a psych degree, unless you're willing to go on to grad school. Yeah, you can get some bullshit research assistant gig, paying 25K a year, but unless you really love doing that stuff....FORGET about psychology as a career.

Top Bottom