Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Powders

I have used tons of protein powders and have found them to pretty much all work the same, even the more expensive ones such as Methoxy-Pro and Nirto-Tech did not give me any better results.

M18

There you have it. I go by taste and price. I don't fool with the overpriced/overhyped Muscletech and EAS products. My favorites are Optimum, Prolab and Sci Tech. EAS has a great whey for about$25 if you shop right called Simply Whey.

if you're into the technical stuff, whey protein can either be isolate or concentrate- most people don't care- most whey tastes great.
Don't be fooled by the ads- they're trying to pay for those with inflated prices.

Re: Re: Protein Powders

flex4life said:
if you're into the technical stuff, whey protein can either be isolate or concentrate- most people don't care- most whey tastes great.
Don't be fooled by the ads- they're trying to pay for those with inflated prices.

Exactly. Isolate = 90% protein (hence "isolate") whereas concentrate = 80% protein. The main difference is the concentrate has a bit more carbs & fat (a few grams each normally) per serving, but it's also cheaper. Unless you're on a cutting cycle or really watching your carb & fat intake, then concentrate is a better bang for your buck.

There's also the difference between CFM, ion-exchange, etc. Some companies use a mixture, others use protein from only one type of process. All in all, make your choice of isolate or concentrate, find something you like the taste of and make sure it has a good BV...check ratios. I also check the protein grams/serving size & price/gram in total and compare that way.

As has been said elsewhere WPC also has certain properties such as LactoFerrin etc that the Isolates more harsh fileration removes.

This is why MetRx uses combinations

Check out www.wheyconsortium.co.uk for the cheapest WPC in Europe

Yes, it is true. WPC is high in lactoferrin. WPI doen't have this, because the lactoferrin is destroyed when it is filtered. Another point to make is that whey protein is not good taken by itself. It gets broken down to rapidly and about 40% of it is used for energy instead of protein storage. It's ideal to have a protein powder that is a mixture of Casein, Egg and Whey. Met-rx is a good protein mix, but it upsets my stomach too much. I have no clue why. I often use GEN's Growth Factor X, or Muscle Link's Muscle Meals. Both very good MRPs.

I've tried every type of protein out there over the years and can honestly say there is NO difference. Like big mouse said it's all in your head. As far as the concentrates having a little bit more carbs and fat, a gram of fat and 2 grams of carbs shouldn't make or break your diet! I switch off between EAS Simply Whey and Optimum's 100% Whey. I tried Nitro-Tech and thought I felt a little more energetic but again that could just be in my head. I didn't think it was worth the cost. I think the WPC's are the best bang for your buck. I never noticed anything special with WPI so I don't think there worth the arm and a leg that they cost!

Top Bottom