Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Powder and aspartame

GaryWary

Do you guys avoid aspartame in your protein powders? Do you think it's necessary to avoid aspartame? Do you believe you suffer any ill effect on using aspartame containing products. I ask because there are many sites on the net claiming the stuff is really bad.. but they are not substantiated by proper studies.. they do throw up some interesting conspiracy theories however....

Anyone? Do I continue to use my aspartame containing protein powder or chuck it away?

It's very hard to find protein powder without aspartame ( impossible in france) and that sux. From What I red, aspartame is even worse when heated. I stick to my usual protein powder cause it would cost really to much to use an aspartame free one but it's my only aspartame source now.

Last edited:
Yes, I've suffered from the negative effects of aspartame in protein powders.

EAS simply whey makes me sick. At first, I didn't make much of it because I was only getting around 80-120g of carbs a day, and the nausea and intoxicated feeling seemed normal.

When I switched to a bulking diet getting 300g of carbs and a good 3000 cals, I would get that same weird feeling. It's difficult to describe, but It felt like I was extremely lethargic all of a sudden. I had trouble thinking and completing sentences, and I was very nauseous.

When I finished the bucket, I switched to a protein with no aspartame, ISS research, and everything was back to normal.

Top Bottom