Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein intake

Tuffyblaze

Hey whats up, I just wanted to know how much protein you can take in at once without it being a waste, I undersatnd that it probablly varies with different body weight, thanks.

I find that any more than 60 grams at a time for me is waste... its probably more like 50 grams at a time, but that is all I can handle without my stomach bloating up like a balloon, and me getting too much gas. I think it varies from person to person, but I've primarily heard the 40-60 gram range in a 2.5 hour window at a time.

Yes, it varies from person to person. Plus the form the protein takes also makes a difference. For example, you will absorb more protein from a steak than from a protein shake. Steaks are slower to digest whereas shakes digest within minutes.

Either way, it's not something you really need to worry about. Long as you are working out and keeping your protein intake up, you'll waste very little.

whey shake is actually one of the most bioavailable sources... =/
I'm still an egg man myself.

The amount is NOT known but is likely extremely high. Our metabolisms are the same as your hunter/gather ancestors who lived in a feast or famine environment. Most of our existence we gorged on large amounts of protein and then went through times of low protein intake. Our bodies are primed to handle large amounts at once yet supplement companies have started a myth that the body can only use X amt. of protein at a time, BULLSHIT. This prob. came from the company putting in X amt. of protein in their supp. and saying the body can only digest this amount to increase sales. There is NO scientific evidence or even antecdotal b/c I know MANY people that can eat a huge steak w/ no digestive problems. There is research looking at higher intakes, 1.5g per kg of bodyweight so this would be a 220lb person eating 150g, absorption rate is 90-95% so even fairly large amounts are digested and utilized. Higher levels havent been looked at but i'm sure the body can handle it, it would not make evolutionary sense for this not to be the case.

Top Bottom