Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Ideas!

grlpwr

Hey guys!

So I'm trying to get enough protein in my diet to put on muscle and get lean. Unfortunately, I'm lactose and soy intolerant and I don't like to eat mammals (beef, pork).

I'm starting to get sick of chicken breast! Any ideas for protein!?

Hey guys!

So I'm trying to get enough protein in my diet to put on muscle and get lean. Unfortunately, I'm lactose and soy intolerant and I don't like to eat mammals (beef, pork).

I'm starting to get sick of chicken breast! Any ideas for protein!?

Egg whites, gound chicken and turkey, white fish, salmon, tuna, whey protein, lots of choices...chicken thighs, try different marinades for your chicken as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Try these protein-rich recipes

Baked Tuna with Turmeric Leaves
Ingredients:
Sear fish fillets - 1.5 kg
Turmeric leaves - 6-8
Green chillies - 3-4, finely chopped
Whole ginger - 2 tsp, minced
Cooking oil - 2 tbsp
Salt, pepper, lime juice to taste
Method:
Cut the fish fillets into 6 cm pieces. Mix green chillies, ginger, oil, salt, pepper and lime juice together to make a spicy mixture. Line a baking dish with 3-4 turmeric leaves and sprinkle half of the spicy mixture over it. Place the fish fillets in a single layer over it and cover it with the remaining spicy mixture. Cover the entire thing with the remaining turmeric leaves and bake in moderate heat for about 25 minutes. Serve hot.

Spinach and Red Lentil Curry

Ingredients:
Red lentil - 1 cup, washed and soaked for 15 minutes
Spinach - 2 handfuls, cut and washed
Grated coconut - a quarter of a cup
Cumin, whole - ½ tsp
Turmeric - ¼ tsp
Red Chili powder - ½ tsp
(optional)
Onion - ½ to 1 (suit your taste)
Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
Curry leaves - 3-4
Whole red chillies - 2
Salt to taste
Method:
Put the lentil and spinach in the cooker and add turmeric and salt to taste. Cook till one whistles and then turn off the flame. Grind the coconut, cumin and red chili powder together and mix it well with the spinach-lentil mixture. Boil for a minute. In a deep pan, heat oil and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and whole red chillies and sauté for about 30 seconds. Pour the spinach-lentil mixture over it and stir well. Taste the salt and add more if needed.

Ohhh thanks for the ideas guys. Unfortunately whey protein is out (lactose), but everything else sounds good...especially that lentil curry mmmmm

everything else sounds good...especially that lentil curry mmmmm

Beans are fantastic. Hit the bean shelf at the grocery store and check out the nutritional data and pick one. I found this creole creamy beans and they're excellent. I add some diced green peppers and lean ground turkey and spice it up with a little cayenne and garlic, it's great. Canary beans is another one that I was eating that have some good flavor. I've backed them out of my diet b/c of the carbs but they are a nice alternative to meat.

watch the sodium on the beans though... it adds up fast...

fucking lactose intolerant sucks man... i feel for you... white fish is such a good lean mass builder though... ground turkey is another one i love... there are different kinds of cuts of ground turkey... the turkey cutlets have a different type of flavor to them and they are just awesome... be careful not to cook them too long because they cook quickly, but they are excellent...

Top Bottom