JoNeS said:Active ingrediated is a concentrated 2.5% benzoyl peroxiod, and witch hazel
sacto said:I have had breakouts now for several years. I am almost 32. Seems like I have more now than in high school. Anyway, I have used Retin-A, Tazorac, Pro-Active, Dermalogica and the anit's too. I have been to the Dermatologist and have been trying to actively pursue getting rid of this. Currently, I am going to an aesthetician about every 4 weeks. That seems to help. I am also currently on Pro-Active in combination with Retin-A. Doesn't seem to be doing the full trick though. She would like me to be back on Dermalogica in combination with Retin-A, which is probably what I will do next. I have heard that Accutane is pretty serious though.
Freddie de Lux said:Darling,
Believe me when I tell you that Accutane is the only thing that works, espcially if you are 32 and still have breakouts. Insist with your dermatologist on getting Accutane, or find one that will agree with that. You will be so happy.
Maverick said:why would you risk taking a serious drug like that ? It can seriously damage your liver.
Maverick said:I would rather have acne then mess with accutane. Just stick to the topical shit and accept what you have
MikeMartial said:If you've been blessed with perfect skin your whole life, then consider yourself lucky and ignorant.
Accutane CAN be a dangerous drug, no question. That's why every single person that goes on it has a full physical and bloodwork done prior to starting it, and also has fasting bloodwork done every month. Any potentially dangerous changes, and your off the drug immediately.
That's a bullshit answer.
Yeah, it's fine if your 18 years old and have a minor breakout here and there. What about the folks with bad cystic acne? Should they just "accept" what they have? I highly doubt they'd feel that way. With Accutane, at least there's an option.
Also, some adults have minor, yet resistant acne that has continued from their teen years. While to some it may seem like a benign issue, it's all relative. For many people, image plays a serious role in their professional careers.
After dealing with extremely minor, yet irritating breakouts into my late 20's, I finally went on Accutane. All the "topical shit" was pretty much useless. Accutane cleared everything up---yet I did have to deal with side effects. My physician monitored me closely, and I did have to lower my dose halfway through treatment.
Was it worth it? Yes.
Would I do it again? Yes.
Did I end up with high cholesterol and liver damage? No.
Did I have side effects lasting even after I was done treatment? Yes.
Accutane has it's pros, but it also has it's cons. What a person needs to do is discuss this with their physician/dermatologist, and make an informed decision.
Maverick said:bullshit, the only reason why people feel this way, is society !!! the media makes you think you have to have perfect skin.
If you have a good job and a good women (or guy for the gays).... your acne will not really matter when you get down to it.
why do you think drug companies make billons ? because there is alot of insecure people out there.
PS: there is also new laser treatments that work well on acne
Maverick said:also, why would you want to be on accutane the rest of your life ? once you stop taking it, your acne just comes back
MikeMartial said:Yeah, and if you do a cut n' paste from basically any drug in the CPS (Compendium of Pharmaceuticals and Specialties) you'd get the same thing.
By law, drug manufacturers have to list all possible side effects. Does Accutance have side effects? Yes, we all know that. Like others said, though, most docs are going the low-dose/longer treatment routine, which eliminates virtually all side effects.
You are trying to make this a cut-and-dry issue, which it's not. Do more research, and then make an informed decision. Besides, were you ever actually considering taking this drug? By looking at your avatar (If that is you), I'd assume no. In that case, why argue the point?
Oh, and not everything you read on the internet is true, either.![]()
Maverick said:ya that is me........
accutane is one of more serious drugs, go on drugs.com and look at the side effects. not many other drugs have that much shit on them.
This page contains mature content. By continuing, you confirm you are over 18 and agree to our TOS and User Agreement.
Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














