Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre-workout meal...Advice?

MetalDead

Hey so I used to have some 100% Whey with water, plus some wheat bread (sometimes with peanut butter on it) before lifting...

But I have revised that to a can of salmon, and a piece of fruit.

Salmon:
Protein - 30g
Fat - 7.5g
Carbs - 0g

I figured a banana or an apple or a box of raisins would suffice for a carb source while the salmon is packed with protein and fat...is that not enough?
The sun-maid boxed raisins, which are the easiest for me to get, have 22g of carbs...info here:
http://www.sun-maid.com/images/products/label_raisins_6pack.gif
I also have unlimited apples and bananas I grab from my school's dining hall.
Also, I sip Xtend BCAA's while I workout

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stats: Weak college student
5'10"
165 lbs

a piece of fruit and some lean protein is an ideal pre workout meal. personally, id go with some brown rice or oatmeal.

Seriously check these out Better Protein Bars. These are perfect for pre workout imo. Each bar has 414 cals, 21g of fat(mainly EFAs), 36g CHO, and 26g of PRO. These are some nutritionally dense bars. And they taste so damn good too.

At 5'10 165 you need to put on SIZE! You should be eating high calories and taking in 7-8 meals per day. A good pre workout meal on my bulk diet is 1 hour before I lift
1cup oatmeal
2TBSP natty peanut butter
6oz chix breast

bowl of oats mixed with vanilla protein powder and rasins is one of my favorites.

that just suibsides my hunger for a little while for me. but for some reason there is a point where there is a quick crash instead of a slow taper with other foods. i try to time that with the time i am done training.

why would you wanna have that much fat pre-workout...??????

dont we wnat fast digesting carbs lean protein pre-and post?

why would you wanna have that much fat pre-workout...??????

dont we wnat fast digesting carbs lean protein pre-and post?

I prefer slow digesting carbs before I workout otherwise halfway through the workout im tired. 2 TBSP natural peanut butter 1 hour before the gym has always done me right.

Top Bottom