Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pre workout cocktail

For the last year I have been making a really cheap pre workout drink that is SCIENTIFICALLY proven to boost a workout by 20% each item gives about a 10% boost

COFFEE + CREATINE + PROTEIN

If you have a blender or hand held stick blender & a coffee maker you are all set.

Make a cup of your favorite regular coffee, put it in the blender with splenda or other sweetener and a bit of creamer and some vanilla extract, just like you have your coffee. Now throw in about 10 ice cubes and a couple of scoops of your favorite protein powder preferably one with some creatine, check the label most do have it added.

Blend it for about 20-30 seconds and enjoy!

It is very tasty NOW FOR THE SCIENCE...

The coffee adds these benefits:

One of the most effective pre-workout drinks might surprise you, and you won’t find it on the shelves of your local supplement store.
Downing a cup of Joe before your workout provides more than just an added energy boost—there are a whole slew of health benefits that come along with it. Here's five reasons it's time to power up with black coffee.
1. Accelerates fat loss

Perhaps the greatest benefit of having coffee before your workout are its fat burning properties. Coffee—when consumed before exercise—can cause fat cells to be used as an energy source as opposed to glycogen. Also, the high amounts of caffeine in black coffee will increase your metabolism, which makes you burn more calories throughout the day. Having coffee before exercise enhances that effect. Also, caffeine and other compounds found in coffee act as an appetite suppressant, making you consume less overall.

2. Increases performance

Several studies have demonstrated a link between caffeine intake before exercise and increased athletic performance. A report published in Sports Medicine refers to caffeine as a “powerful ergogenic aid,” and mentions that athletes can “train at a greater power output and/or train longer” after caffeine consumption. Another study published in the British Journal of Sports Science found that subjects who consumed coffee before running 1500 meters on the treadmill completed their run 4.2 seconds faster than the control group, on average. To gain an extra edge in your training sessions, coffee might be just what you need.

3. Improves focus

Along with increased energy to push through tough workouts, black coffee provides an increase in mental focus as well. Improved focus will help keep workouts productive and effective.

4. Decreases muscle pain

Researchers at the University of Illinois found that subjects who consumed coffee prior to exercise experienced less muscle pain during their workout than their non-caffeinated counterparts. The takeaway? You can complete more reps at a higher resistance during your weight training sessions, and run faster and longer during your cardio workouts.

5. Prevents disease

Another advantage of drinking coffee is that it helps protect your body from diseases. Coffee contains high amounts of antioxidants, which protect against damage from free radicals. According to a 2011 study published in Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, coffee consumption has an inverse correlation with diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and certain forms of cancer.

NOW THE CREATINE (it is added to most protein powders)
After creatine enters the body (or after it is produced by the body) it firsts binds with a phosphate molecule to form Creatine phosphate. Now here is where I'm going to lay a bit of biochemistry on you so I'll do my best to keep it simple. ATP (Adenine Tri-Phosphate) IS the body's energy source. When your body oxidizes carbs, protein, or fat it is doing this process in order to produce ATP. ATP is responsible for driving almost every body process there is. Hell ATP is even involved in creating ATP. ATP works like this... Energy is needed to drive bodily process. ATP provides this energy by hydrolyzing a phosphate group.
When a phosphate group is hydrolyzed, energy in the form of heat is given off and this energy is used to drive whatever process is being performed, for example muscle contraction. Because one phosphate has been lost from the ATP it is now called ADP (adenine Di-phosphate). The reaction is as follows ATP (hydrolysis)=ADP + Energy. Now you have free ADP as a product from the ATP hydrolysis. ADP is pretty much useless in the body unless it is converted back into ATP. Now this is where creatine comes into play. The phosphate bound creatine donates it's phosphate group to the ADP to re-form ATP! I assume you see where this is going now. By allowing you to return ADP to ATP creatine will increase your ATP stores, thus allowing you to train harder and longer.Creatine is a combination of three different amino acids, glycine, arginine, and methionine.
Another benefit of creatine is that creatine itself is a fuel source. In fact your body's first choice of energy when performing anaerobic activity (such as weightlifting) is your creatine phosphate stores. By supplementing with creatine phosphate you will increase these stores, thus giving you more energy for your workouts. There is another anabolic property that creatine holds and this is it's ability to hydrate muscle cells.1 When muscle cells are hydrated a few things happen. The most notable being an increase in protein synthesis. The second being an increase of ions into the cell. Since the cell is holding more water, it can also hold more ions since the ions will follow water into the cell in order to keep the concentration the same. When more ions are present in muscle cells (the most important being nitrogen) muscle protein synthesis also increases

I have been using it 4x a week for the last year and it HELPS ...Gets me thru the whole 90 Minutes

I stopped buying pre-made pre-workout awhile ago. Most of them don't tell you how much of anything there is in it. Plus a lot of fillers.

I just go with the raw powders and mix my cocktail myself.

200-400 mg Caffeine
8g Arginine
5g Creatine
5g Glutamine
3g Beta-Alanine
BCAAs
B-6 and B-12
40g Dextrose

Seems to work well for me.. and at the end of the day, just a tad bit cheaper.

Actaully.. I don't think it is cheaper at all. But at least that way you know how much of something you are getting.

I just change my PWO every month or so. I know the ones that seem to work best, and I like the buzz they give me.

how bout-

GW 505016- 15mg
s4 - 50mg
BCAA - 10g
Glutamine - 3g
creatine mono - 7g
taurine - 5g
beta alanine - 3g
dextrose - 8g
caffinine - 150mg
green tea EGCG - 300mg

the new sarm guys in town are great. just got sarms1 stuff.

A good meal containing complex carbs 1 - 2 hours before workout is what I need. If you take fast acting carbs pre workout you are likely to feel an energy crash very soon into your workout...taking slow digesting carbs is a better idea for more stable energy levels throughout your workouts.

80 adderall, 200mg TNE, 30 halo, then I drive around until someone cuts me off and sends me into a rage of madness. I break PRs every damn day.

Jk. I use superpump max or craze.

Top Bottom