Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powertraining for soccer players

Kevin_

I've been playing soccer my whole life now (yeah.. i'm european), and my friends convinced me of going to the gym to work out (5 months ago), but they're training on volume with the split-method. I've been reading quite some on this board the last few days and noticed that athletes train totally different then I've seen and done in my gym. Does anyone happen to have a workout schedule (3 times a week) that concentrates on sports in stead of bodybuilding, because i want to focus on strength and definition more than on volume. It's my goal to become explosive rather than big.

Thx in advance.

ALL Of the below would be good (i have to leave now, but can expand into a program later if you would like):

Olympic lifts

Front squats

Jump Squats

Parachute running (in a field, sprinting against a parachute- not in the gym!)

Side squats (lateral one legged squats), lunges, one-legged squats, bench squats

Chin ups, dips, pullovers

AB work on a ball/hanging

Yeah, I know some of the exercices you said to do but haven't got the knowledge to put them into a program.

Do squats effect my upper-body too? Would like to get a stronger upper-body too.

musketeer said:
ALL Of the below would be good (i have to leave now, but can expand into a program later if you would like):

Olympic lifts

Front squats

Jump Squats

Parachute running (in a field, sprinting against a parachute- not in the gym!)

Side squats (lateral one legged squats), lunges, one-legged squats, bench squats

Chin ups, dips, pullovers

AB work on a ball/hanging

I agree with what was said here; and yeah it will build your upper body too.
doing some cardio like cycling and running would help with you with your goals.

And oh yeah I do both body builiding and soccer. I find that each complements the other.

Top Bottom