Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post your all time favorite wrestling "jobbers"

strongsmartsexy said:
I dunno, I think the Red Rooster was right up there on the stupid scale.

Got to hand it to you there dude, I had forgotten about the Red Rooster, hard to get any more stupid than that wasn't it????? But if my memory serves me right, he was a decent wrestler who some how got "put" into a really dumb gimmick. What was that guys name anyway?? He was a decent wrestler before they made him into the Red Rooster wasn't he??? I remember that at least he was in better shape than the Honkey Tonk Man, a pudgy Elvis immitator is about as dumb as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that old Vince M. had the exclusive on dumb gimmicks, I've watched just about every league around, and while they all have had "jobbers" in them, I can't remember any as stupid as the WWF (How bout Doink and Boink the Clowns for one)???????????? I dont remember the NWA or Texas Championship Wrestling, or the AWA, or any of the minor leagues even having gimmicks as "dumb" as the WWF. We could probably start a "dumb gimmick" thread of it's own, but I'm also cool if someone wants to "hijack" this one for that purpose. One last note, how bout when my "namesake" the One Man Gang got turned into "Hakeem the African Dream" Hard to get any dumber than that one too, LOL, O.M.G.

one man gang said:
Got to hand it to you there dude, I had forgotten about the Red Rooster, hard to get any more stupid than that wasn't it????? But if my memory serves me right, he was a decent wrestler who some how got "put" into a really dumb gimmick. What was that guys name anyway?? He was a decent wrestler before they made him into the Red Rooster wasn't he??? I remember that at least he was in better shape than the Honkey Tonk Man, a pudgy Elvis immitator is about as dumb as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that old Vince M. had the exclusive on dumb gimmicks, I've watched just about every league around, and while they all have had "jobbers" in them, I can't remember any as stupid as the WWF (How bout Doink and Boink the Clowns for one)???????????? I dont remember the NWA or Texas Championship Wrestling, or the AWA, or any of the minor leagues even having gimmicks as "dumb" as the WWF. We could probably start a "dumb gimmick" thread of it's own, but I'm also cool if someone wants to "hijack" this one for that purpose. One last note, how bout when my "namesake" the One Man Gang got turned into "Hakeem the African Dream" Hard to get any dumber than that one too, LOL, O.M.G.

You are correct sir.

And what they did to the one man gang was pathetic! Turned him from a monster into a joke. But then again, Vince was good about doing that to his wrestlers.

Terry Taylor was a decent wrestler with good mic skills. He was just put into a pathetic gimick like so many others to fall victim of Vinces theatrical vomit.

strongsmartsexy said:
You are correct sir.

And what they did to the one man gang was pathetic! Turned him from a monster into a joke. But then again, Vince was good about doing that to his wrestlers.

Terry Taylor was a decent wrestler with good mic skills. He was just put into a pathetic gimick like so many others to fall victim of Vinces theatrical vomit.

And you are also correct sir, Vince had a great way of making decent wrestlers into "pathetic gimicks" that totally demeaned their talents. Hard to believe that a guy who was brilliant enough to pull off one of the greatest all time "surprises" that I've ever seen in Pro Wrestling (I'm talking about the "Double Dave Hebner stunt") was also responsible for pulling off such big "boners" as these too!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess it's easy to do when it's not YOU that's looking like a total idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's got to be a really hard guy to look for, I was just thinking about some guys like the Rock and Roll Express, from the NWA(???). They were two of the most "normal looking" wrestlers that I have ever seen, in fact Ricky Morton was actually a little "pudgy" around the midsection, yet they never had to do things that made them look as "stupid" as some on the WWF stars. Hell, they even got to hold the championship belts on more than one occasion. Guess it's just like any other job, all depends on who ya work for!!!!!!! O.M.G.

No one in the history of wrestling has had more bad gimmicks than Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham combined.

AAP said:
No one in the history of wrestling has had more bad gimmicks than Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham combined.
I never cared for Mike Rotundo (sp intentional). He just never looked like anything more than a goober.

Barry Windham should have been a much more highlited wrestler. I think he did best when he was a face with a mean streak.

the mulkeys are my all time jobber tag team champs.

the bad thing about rotunda and windham is that they were a tag team for awhile.
vince should bring them back and have them rotate their bad gimmicks from week to week.

strongsmartsexy said:
I never cared for Mike Rotundo (sp intentional). He just never looked like anything more than a goober.

Barry Windham should have been a much more highlited wrestler. I think he did best when he was a face with a mean streak.

Yea, his Irwin R. Schiester gimmick was one another all time great "dumb" gimmick. And I also agree with you that Windham deserved a lot more than he got. If my memory serves me right, he was none other that "Black Jack Mulligan's" son, which is merrit enough in it's own right to have given him a higher spot on the wrestling ranking. He also was a damm good wrestler to boot, which should have gotten him more respect from good old Vince M. Certainly deserved a lot more title shots than some of those "ham and eggers" like Honkey Tonk, and a host of others that I choose to forget.O.M.G.

one man gang said:
Yea, his Irwin R. Schiester gimmick was one another all time great "dumb" gimmick. And I also agree with you that Windham deserved a lot more than he got. If my memory serves me right, he was none other that "Black Jack Mulligan's" son, which is merrit enough in it's own right to have given him a higher spot on the wrestling ranking. He also was a damm good wrestler to boot, which should have gotten him more respect from good old Vince M. Certainly deserved a lot more title shots than some of those "ham and eggers" like Honkey Tonk, and a host of others that I choose to forget.O.M.G.

Yes, he was Black Jack Mulligan's son. It had been rumored that he had a habit he couldn't kick which supposedly kept him down. He had everything necessary to be a top notch wrestler. He had size, he could carry a much poorer wrestler to a solid match, he could keep up with any of the top names and he definately had the mic skills.

Top Bottom