Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post workout?

Niro

Can someone tell me exactly what I should be taking right after I work out? I've been taking a pure protein shake with very low carbs right after workout, since I'm also trying to lose my stomach muscle...but now I keep hearing that I need more carbs and dextrose and less protein. I'm guessing I should stick to a low carb/high protein diet since I do wanna lose the stomach, but what should I be taking post workout? And can anyone recommend a specific drink that I could just buy that has it all instead of taknig 3 different things.

Thanks

Protein Shake and Dextrose
if u cant get Dextrose from online
and live near Rite-Aid they have something called GLUCOSE its dextrose ,200gram for 2.99 well worth it
reason for postworkout is to give a insulin spike to get the nutrients into your muscles and so you can recover.......If your protein shake dont have Glutamine get some of that but really dont big deal just eat your protein and stuff as for the High Carb of the Dextose wont be turned to fat or nothing as long as other carb sources of the day are low GI

I also seen people who had Protein Shake and Low GI carbs and still perserved there muscle ,recoved and are defined

I'm not really cutting yet, I just started working out like a little over a month ago and I'm trying to put on some muscle mass...but I want to lose my stomach that's why I'm doing low carbs. I'm 5'11, 193lbs...I think I wanna stay the same weight just move the weight from my stomach to my muscles. ;)
Thanks for the info.

Have a protein shake with some dextrose and malodextrin. Personally, I eat two packs of Smarties (the candy) after a workout as they are mostly dextrose and malodextrin, then I have a protein shake with 2 cups of skim milk and a few scoops of whey protein.

ND

NateDogg said:
I eat two packs of Smarties (the candy) after a workout as they are mostly dextrose and malodextrin,

Just a word of warning to the Canadian bros...

Smarties in the U.S. are not the same as the "Smarties" we have here in Canada.....

Canadian "Smarties" are chocolate candies - the American "Smarties" are more like sweetarts (or those "rocket" candies we have here at Halloween)....

Stryc-9 said:

Just a word of warning to the Canadian bros...

Smarties in the U.S. are not the same as the "Smarties" we have here in Canada.....

Canadian "Smarties" are chocolate candies - the American "Smarties" are more like sweetarts (or those "rocket" candies we have here at Halloween)....

Thanx bro, I was not aware of that, OOPS!

ND

You need carbs to replenish the glycogen in your body after intense exercise. If you don't take carbs (or enough carbs) protein will be used to restore glycogen.

IMO you need carbs. Carbs are not evil neither is fat. Adjust your caloric intake to cut. Also include cardio to cut.

NateDogg said:
Have a protein shake with some dextrose and malodextrin. Personally, I eat two packs of Smarties (the candy) after a workout as they are mostly dextrose and malodextrin, then I have a protein shake with 2 cups of skim milk and a few scoops of whey protein.

ND

Hey ND, only two packs???? I bought a bag of smarties and it says 4 rolls has 25gms. So I have been grinding 12 packs in my postworkout shake. That should be about 75 grams. ------ Sounds crazy but I have put on 5-6 pounds and my waist measurement has stayed the same.

Top Bottom