Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post-Workout Supplementation

yeah they did. And i'm still wondering if the shake is as effective as if you ate something solid 1 hour before, as most people do.

yeah all liquids are easier to digest... but solid food i think leaves your stomach in about half an hour. If you work out 1 hour after eating something solid (and small) you will have carbs/protein to last you remainder of weight training to prevent you from becoming catabolic. The shake leaves your system much faster, leaving you prone to catabolism.

riskybizz007 said:
yeah all liquids are easier to digest... but solid food i think leaves your stomach in about half an hour. If you work out 1 hour after eating something solid (and small) you will have carbs/protein to last you remainder of weight training to prevent you from becoming catabolic. The shake leaves your system much faster, leaving you prone to catabolism.

Solid food: depends on what you eat right? For arguements sake, say I had a stake and potato and salad, I'm not sure it'll go away in half an hour. Correct?

Shakes: Don't certain proteins take longer to digest, especially mixed with oils? HOw long I don't know.

about the shakes... how long it takes?? you're right. We don't exactly know how long it will take, and when it will leave you catabolic. Yes fiber and fats will slow absorption, but lets say you're in the gym for an hour or hour and a half, will it cover you that hour and a half of training?
As far as solid foods go, it depends i believe more on the quantity of food also. But usually it's suppossed to leave your stomach in about half an hour. It will go to your small intestine, and large intestine but it will technically be mostly out of your stomach. What you're trying to prevent is too much blood going to stomach for digestion, you want that extra blood going to the muscle. So i think it would be safe to say eating a small steak and potatoe 1 hour before would be ok.

I use the recovery formula from the Protein Factory. Very similar to Biotest Surge and cheaper. I use half a serving during workouts and a full serving post workout. I get great pumps and my recovery time has improved vs my old whey protein and juice post-workout shake.

Top Bottom