Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post-workout meal late-night

76ers#3

OK, I finish working out at about 6:00. Immediately I have a shake with whey, 1 bananna, 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil, and skim milk. I've heard to space out my protein consumption by two hours. So this takes me to 8:00. But I am taking medication and I have to take it two hours after a meal and one hour before a meal. I usually take this at 8(2 hours after my shake) and then have two chicken breasts at 9:00. I'm usually in bed by 10:30. My question is, should I include some complex carbs in my last meal? I'm 5'9", 157(trying to get to 165), and 8% bf. I want to gain about 8-10 pounds but, of course, want to maintain, if not lower, my bf%. What should I do? My diet is as follows.
Wake up-
25 minutes cardio
Meal 1-1 1/2 cups oats, 1 tablespoon of flax, 1 1/2 scoops of whey
Meal 2-10 egg whites
M3-1 1/2 cups of brown rice, 2 chicken breasts
M4-1 1/2 cans of tuna(going to get albacore though)
M5-1 1/2 cans of tuna, 1 1/2 cups of brown rice
Workout
M6-Post-workout shake
8:00-medication
M7-2 chicken breasts
Thanks for any replies.
:alien:

Last edited:
OK, I finish working out at about 6:00. Immediately I have a shake with whey, 1 bananna, 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil, and skim milk. I've heard to space out my protein consumption by two hours. So this takes me to 8:00. But I am taking medication and I have to take it two hours after a meal and one hour before a meal. I usually take this at 8(2 hours after my shake) and then have two chicken breasts at 9:00. I'm usually in bed by 10:30. My question is, should I include some complex carbs in my last meal? I'm 5'9", 157(trying to get to 165), and 8% bf. I want to gain about 8-10 pounds but, of course, want to maintain, if not lower, my bf%. What should I do? My diet is as follows.
Wake up-
25 minutes cardio
Meal 1-1 1/2 cups oats, 1 tablespoon of flax, 1 1/2 scoops of whey
Meal 2-10 egg whites
M3-1 1/2 cups of brown rice, 2 chicken breasts
M4-1 1/2 cans of tuna(going to get albacore though)
M5-1 1/2 cans of tuna, 1 1/2 cups of brown rice
Workout
M6-Post-workout shake
8:00-medication
M7-2 chicken breasts
Thanks for any replies.
:alien:

Your diet looks really good. You want to include carbohydrates in your post workout shake and post workout meal because your glycogen storage enzymes will be unregulated from your workout. It will be very unlikely that any carbohydrates you consume in those two meals will be stored as body fat.

After your workout, you want a high quality protein source, easy digesting carbohydrates and minimal fat. Keep taking the shake as you are, but remove the flax seed oil.

For meal 7, I would add in a complex carbohydrate source like brown rice, sweet potato or oatmeal and some dark green vegetables.

Top Bottom