Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post workout dextrose...explain importance

kamaboko

Hello,

Been hearing about this. OK, new to body building here. Can someone explain the importance of this and how I incorporate it (if at all) with a post workout protein drink?

Thanks
K

When you lift weights, your glycogen stores get depleted. Dextrose helps replenish them which aids in muscle recovery and growth. You can add it into your post-workout shake, one or two tbsns I think, but I'm not sure about that.

what gymtime said is correct, though a dose of about 1/3 of a cup has around 75 grams which is good. newayz the reason dextrose is chosen is because after you lift you have your "anabolic window of opportunity" so at this time your carbs will be absorbed the best, thus you want a quickly absorbing carb, dextrose is one of the highest on the gi scale behind maltodextrin, gi scale is glycemic index which is how quickly food is absorbed.

It's all about spiking insulin levels. Carbs are the energy you use to grow and when you burn it all up and no insulin comes out, you just waisted your time in the gym!

If taken along with whey protein, not only will you replenish carbs, you will spike insulin levels and allow for optimum recovery.

Read some post workout posts by blood drinker in the diet board to learn a fuck load more.

you might want to take the dextrose 10-15 minutes before the whey, just so the dextrose can spike the insilin first, maybe also add 500-600mg of ala with the dextrose

there is no need to split up the whey and dextrose. dextrose is a simple sugar with a high GI/GR and whey is high in BCAA's which are metablized directly by muscle tissue in 20 minutes.

Top Bottom