Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post-Workout Critique

dballistic

Me: Endomorph, Bulking clean

I finish my workout at 8pm.

I'm Home in 20mins and I down a ISOPURE (25g carbs) and try to add (~25g) more high GI carbs like sweettarts or a bottled carb drink. (I'll be getting some dextrose powder soon)

Now, at this point, I'm still very hungry -- but I'll usually try to wait about an hour before I throw the meat on the BBQ.

How long is optimal for absorbtion of the liquid carbs/protein during postworkout? Should I wait longer/shorter?

Also, Pre-Bedtime = 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter + cup of cottage cheese.

All I'm looking for is some suggestions/opinions.

Thanks!

No need to wait bro.

Ideal would be to take your shake with you and drink it immediately post-workout, like within 5 minutes. Hit up your sweet tarts on the ride home.

If you have your own powdered stuff, put the various powders into a sports bottle before you leave. As soon as you are done working out fill the bottle up with at the water fountain and shake that shit up. Sip on the way home. This is once you get your Dextrose powder.

Then throw the meat on the grill as soon as you get home.

If however your timing remains the same it's still OK to grill those burgers immediately. It still takes like 20 minutes to prepare and grill your shit. That's plenty of time. Be sure to have a baked potato or some other types of carbs with that second meal.

The amount of muscle growth you get will be dictated by the amount of carbs you consume in the 12-24 hours after workout. They are almost as important as protein when bulking.

Peace,

JC

I'm really sensitive to carbs as an endomorph so speaking from my experience they don't do me any good at night. I first realized carbs were my enemy when a basic keto diet gave me dramatic results. Now avoiding them at night keeps my bf% stable while I bulk.

I have my oatmeal/rice/potato/etc. in the morning or during lunch/dinner and try to avoid them generally a few hours before I sleep.

rice and potatoes are starchy carbs. have you tried eating kidney beans, lentils or barley ? they are much lower on the glycemic scale and are great complex carbs.

im in the same boat as you bud, i dont like yams, and lets face it oatmeal with steak isnt great..., brown rice is my favorite complex carb, if i have potatoes its only post workout, other than that brown rice and oatmeal throughout the day.

Top Bottom