Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Cardio Nutrition

Valdez posted a thread on this a while back, and it brought up a good discussion. I eventually read what I could about it, and It seems that it is better to eat within a resonable time frame. After cardio you may not feel hungry because it suppresses your appetite, but your body is hungry which if ignored is very catabolic.

Ever notice that after 60-90 mins or so after cardio, uncontrolable hunger creeps up on you? Don't let your body get hungry. So if you wake at 5:30 am, sleeped 8 hours let's say, do cardio for 30 mins and eat 60-90 min later. That could mean 10-11 hours with no food. Doesn't look go...

my two cents

If your glycogen levels are low in the morning wont your body ravish the first thing that comes in your mouth?
so your protein is going to be used as energy instead of what it is for.

WHAT A WASTE. If you use milk maybe the lactose in that will save you.

I have read a few places the time after cardio is where you tend to burn more calories.
So maybe a 45-60 min break. You dont want your metabolism to slow down.....then eat a huge meal and stock it as fat cause your body cant handle it all.

anyway
my two cents

I've read post resistance training meal should be liquid (protein + simple carb) for quick absorbtion, then have a solid one about 90m later.

What about post cardio? If I wait 1h or whatever after the cardio, should I then have a liquid shake or solid meal?
If I was going to take any liquid protein, would it be better whey or casein?

I'd like to know your opinions as i'm really confused about all this.

find valdez's post, i agree with big andy.
It brought up the argument that morning cardio is a waste.

in theory, that statement is correct. But from personal experience, it is not. read up; lots of info

liquid or solid?

In any case, is it important to have a quickly absorbable liquid meal (as for resistance) or it can well be normal solid food?

Top Bottom