Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post cardio meal?

jpt

was just curious to see what everyone eats or drinks right after cardio. i usually just have my ON whey shake with half cup of oats....but have been thinking about ditching the oats and waiting an hour to have carbs with my normal meal...

at the moment....trying to lose some bf but def not aggresively cutting...taking my time as i'm i don't want to sacrifice lbm...just goign to up my cardio a touch my macros are pretty much around the 2200 cal level....when i cut hardcore earlier in the year i was at 1800 cals....def lost alot of bf but also way too much muscle imo.

SHAKE, easiest thing to have after morning cardio

i hear that this meal should be protein/fat, no sure if true or not

i do cardio 7x a week.....first in the am.....my first meal is oats, egg whites....and some whey.

jpt said:
was just curious to see what everyone eats or drinks right after cardio. i usually just have my ON whey shake with half cup of oats....but have been thinking about ditching the oats and waiting an hour to have carbs with my normal meal...

Your right on bro. Just have a whey shake immediately after cardio, then have your first meal about 45 minutes later consisting of prot/carbs.

Adding carbs immediately after cardio blunts the fat burning environment that you have created. Carbs will initiate an insulin response and hault fat metabolism.

but is this the best if your main goal is to KEEP muscle while burning fat slowly.. should you still not have carbs after a cardio workout, even if they're something like oatmeal or brown rice & veggies ???

Top Bottom