Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Plyometrics...

coolcolj said:
doesn't have to be done all out, 70-80% is best , cause 100% effort will wipe out your CNS if your also doing weights as well

can be done on any cardio type machine/movement - ie sprinting, rowing machine, treadmill etc

how can you tell 80% of your effort tho
heart rate?
or if you have an exercise bike I guess you could pedal your heart out at 100% for x time like 15 or 30 seconds whatever your hiit burst will be, and see the speed then keep to 80% of that?

well by feel, figure what it feels like going all out and back off that a bit, so its about moderate level :)

you'll be able to do more volume when you don't go all out, which is better for getting the metabolic rate up

anything short of all out effort, but harder than coasting basicly - 50 to 80%

CCJ is just mad because plyos don't make him cut. ;)

plyos are awesome IMO for getting my heart rate up. a set of 10 box jumps at mid height on a speed day workout, and I'm breathing pretty good.

box jumps are not what I call plyos :)

plyos are high intensity things like altitude drops and depth jumps, where you need to absorb high forces and then react. Jumping onto a box negates all that

plyos are high intensity - so footwork drills and rate work like skipping and hops aren't really under the catergory. The word has been misused for far too long :)

any of the "air alert" programs are tremendous. (there are 3). i've done 2&3 and i went from barely dunking a bball to windmilling and dunking on people. it made me faster and more explosive. if you want it ask me. plyos are all about developing fast twitch fibers, if you want to dominate people in sports, do them. if you just want to look the part, go for something else. my body didn't change noticably. put your game in bball tennis or raquet ball or something will reflect it. hope this helps.

Top Bottom