Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

please read, especially newbies...

GenetiKing said:

Sure, you're entitled you own opinion. You have the inherent right to think I'm an idiot if that's what you believe.

Anyway, this is my last post on this subject since I didn't mean to stray off BigDogg's thread topic. I just want to point out that my advice wasn't simply to discontinue the failure sets. I suggested that BigDogg keep going to the gym, but only for the purposes of keeping a pump by doing light, isolationary, non-failure work.

Bodybuilders are a strange lot. Our egos tend to be as influential on our moods as any variable we encounter daily. Most of us become severely depressed if we can't train, especially when that constraint has been put on us unwillingly....and that can have a major impact on the healing process. Personally, I am more likely to bounce back from an injury or sickness much quicker if I still feel like I have some control over my physique and my fate, even if that perception may be an illusion. In other words, if I can't get to the gym, I feel like I've lost control and depression ensues. It's for that reason only that I said what I did.

Could it have been the wrong advice? Maybe.
Do I still stand by it? Yes.

BTW, BigDogg...How is your back bro?

Hey bro, what's up? Backs doing much better compared to how it was. I doubt its gonna get any better, and i think surgery is callin my name in the near future. My muscles are tight in the lower back in the morning, and now and then during the day it hurts a little bit, but nothing that bad. Thanks for asking

As for your advice, I kinda sided with the others in the beginning, and letting it rest, only because of the way u worded it, but after u further explained it, I completely understood. It hurts more sometimes to miss doing what you love to do most, and after all these years of training, it'd suck to be set back even further. Therefore, extremely light work could not hurt, just to stay in the game. It's all about how much you want it.

I'm out for the night, take care all. Peace

BigDogg,
That sucks bro. I hope you are able to avoid surgery, but if it's your best interests for the long-haul, maybe you should consider it. It all about weighing your options how you choose to prioritize.

Good luck with it.

Top Bottom