Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please Help - Training for College Athletics

HEY LAX! I hope I am not too late to the party, but I can answer your questions here on two fronts p90x and Lax. I am a current steadicam operator, and I played for a VERY well known Lax program right about the time you were learning to walk ;) I also have recently done p90x. Now steadicam is very much like my old Lax days, it translates very well, so after a back injury, I decided to get back in to shape. I went to a training facility here in LA that helps out many famous athletes on their programs. I dropped close to $7500 in a few weeks and learned to improve my footwork, and this has been tremendous, but outside that, for Lax, it was... lacking. There are few specialized programs for Lax, it is all adhoc.

I grabbed p90x to get the cardio and flexibility back, went on to asylumn, and I'll tell you I am back in shape. I keep pace with many of the local university wide recievers and tailbacks, all while focusing, positioning the camera and avoding obstacles. Thay just have to run with a ball.

If you are good enough to get the chance to talk to a team to play for them, you have a pretty good shot. Your numbers sound solid, and depending on the coach and your position, you may wind up in a new position, or find yourself in a good training program once you get there, it won't come from expensive trainers or a DVD.

Top Bottom